Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW...Superbowl commercials taking aim at Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Porsche Electric :

Hummer Electric :

Hyundai Smaht Pahk:

For anyone that does not think that Tesla is on track - Welcome to reality.

I never had the feeling of EV isn't the wave of the future, I suspect most of society feels the same way. Yes some people love the sounds, smells, and the tinkering that happens with a ICE car, that will never go away, or replaced.

I do have the feeling of the Tesla model of control, and the cars produced as not something that fits my needs where a ICE option does. This I suspect is the reality that some people don't understand. cyber truck doesn't look like a work option and it certainly wont tow my 5th wheel.

I suspect this is where once the older ICE manufactures start to turn a EV product where real innovation will begin... not that Tesla hasn't already Battery tech for one, but once it starts it will go full steam ahead. Honestly Tesla has been in a 1 person race for a few years, the real race starts once everyone is playing with the same hardware, and this is when we as consumers really win with real tech, I just suspect the cost will be past most consumers comfort level.

The appearance of EV cars in Super Bowl ads vindicates Elon’s secret plan re:sustainable transport. The real secret plan, though, is Tesla market dominance. They are so far ahead in all the key technical areas of batteries, battery management, drive trains, self driving software, operating software in general and master control processing power that no one will catch them for a long time, if ever.

All the focus on the EV commercials but one of the stories was on how many chiefs and 49ers drive Tesla. Others drive large SUVs for their size. Just wait for the Cybertruck- that will be the vehicle of choice for NFL players!!!! How bout those Chiefs and Mahomes- guess I’ll take him for a ride in my S when he gets back from Disney-world for the Parade in KC.....He will be the next Tesla driver.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
The bulls are predicting TSLA at 7,000 by 2024. They were talking 2,000 in 2020, that now seems almost been there done that. A lot of people in the market for a $47k car still haven't had that "wow" moment of driving a Tesla FAST, then in Autopilot, then telling their friends. There's a lot of room for growth here. We should be taking our neighbors out for a spin.

Smart park? How the heck do people get into their cars next door without trading paint?

I've never understood this... sure you can squeeze your midsize car into a compact spot, but you have also increased the risk someone hits you with their door.

In korea the spaces are small and limited. I can see this being used to pull your car into a spot. you can also pull the car out before you get in (although the video doesn't show...) makes sense to me...

The bulls are predicting TSLA at 7,000 by 2024. They were talking 2,000 in 2020, that now seems almost been there done that. A lot of people in the market for a $47k car still haven't had that "wow" moment of driving a Tesla FAST, then in Autopilot, then telling their friends. There's a lot of room for growth here. We should be taking our neighbors out for a spin.

^This. I was a non believer and thought very negative things about tesla but my wife wanted one so i bought one for her (still waiting on delivery). Meanwhile, my friend brought his model 3 over, showed us everything and let me try it. I am a believer now and agree with the above statement and will be picking up shares as soon as one of my investments recover a tad.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
It would be interesting to know if there has been an increase in activity on Tesla's web site since the Super Bowl. How many people who may have never heard of Tesla or know anything about electric cars decided to use Google and ended up on Tesla's web site? When Harley Davidson announced their Live Wire electric motorcycle it provided a huge boost in Zero's web site activity. People started to search for electric motorcycles and Zero's web site came up and that is where people went.

The only thing the advertisements accomplished was to make Tesla stock go up $129 on Monday. Their advertisements will bring new EV prospects into the showrooms, which will bring them to the Tesla stores at the malls, a much better location, and they will find out for the first time how much better the Tesla is at a lower price.

Reactions: IceIceBaby
Smart park? How the heck do people get into their cars next door without trading paint?

I've never understood this... sure you can squeeze your midsize car into a compact spot, but you have also increased the risk someone hits you with their door.
Everyone, keep this on the down low, I own an automobile body and paint shop and welcome the increase in business.

That Porsche commercial called the Heist is a good name for it,

As opposed to regular ICE Porsches, you mean, which are excellent value for money compared to mid-market ICE vehicles from other vendors, you mean?

If you're into a Porsche car the Taycan really isn't that bad. If you buy a Porsche, you're not exactly going to buy it for the headroom in the back seats or the enormous trunk.

Last edited:
I could care less about the Model 3 being the top seller in the small Model 3 EV class today.

As this link says 107K EV cars where sold in 2018. There was approx. 4.7 Million cars sold in the US in 2019. With more companies coming into the EV market the EV numbers will rise. This will bring additional improvements to EVs. This is where competition would benefit the entire EV market.

Clearly you have to want this as well?

I'm not concerned with EV numbers NOT rising. They are going to rise all by themselves as long as Tesla is alive.

Lastly. Tesla is improving beyond everyone else at a monumental pace....so I'm not concerned about improvements either. Advancements are going to happen all by themselves as long as Tesla is alive.

I'm just NOT concerned about the speed of all of this happening - Tesla is taking care of everything faster than I could ever imagine.

I'm all good.