TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wow TN electric rebate funds almost depleted

Discussion in 'Model S' started by xrayvsn, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. xrayvsn

xrayvsn Member

I'm really glad I pushed up my car delivery date (originally to be in April to coincide with my birthday but pushed it forward to Dec 2015 to make it a Christmas present instead).

I've been closely monitoring the amount of funds available ever since I put in order for the car in October 2015. At that time there was a little over $600,000 left. As of today that number has shrunk to $139,000 or roughly 55 cars (full electric rebate of $2500/hybrid rebate of $1500).

Apparently it is taking them a lot of time to even receive the application. I received my car in mid-December and I just now got notice from Tennessee that the application has been received and is being processed today. They said rebates are first come first serve but I definitely got mine in time . Turnaround time to get check to tesla is 30-60 days from now.

If anyone is on the fence (it still may be too late) this may be a good push to take advantage of getting $2500 back

2. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

It took six plus months for me to get my TN rebate.

3. WMAC

WMAC Member

Mid-December delivery and got my letter last week. No money yet ;-)

4. xrayvsn

xrayvsn Member

Just received my check from Tesla yesterday for the $2500 TN rebate (car was delivered mid December) Checked the website and as of april 11, they had $14,500 left (i.e. less than 6 Teslas). Well it was a great program while it lasted.

5. WMAC

WMAC Member

#5 WMAC, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Yep. Got my check a couple weeks ago. Tesla $1.5k discount + $2.5k TN rebate + $1.5k price lift = $5.5k less by taking delivery in December compared to if I had waited to order today.