TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Wow, white tail deer with wings

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Murdock, Apr 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Murdock

Murdock Member

Had a scary event the other night, hitting a white tail deer (large) doe. She hit the front end of the S. Probably more damage than appears, but most impressive was how stable the car was. The deer went directly over the top of S.
    The other thing, my car was in Omaha for maintenance, and this was a loaner.

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yikes! Glad to hear you're OK!

I've hit a few deer. Never had one go over the top though! :eek:

3. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

When I had my Toyota MR2 I hit a deer just outside of Austin, TX and yes, it flipped right over the top of my car. I had two large dents in the front fender where the legs hit but not a scratch anywhere else.

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Do you have a chest freezer? ;)

• Funny x 4
  5. boofagle

boofagle Member

Any autopilot safety features engage when the deer ran out? How fast? I've seen a pickup going 65+ launch a deer about 15 feet into the air. I purposely take a different, longer route to work everyday because I hit one on the first day of hunting season in 2014. A hunter in the field scared them across the road.

6. Murdock

Murdock Member

Amazing how stable the S was. Had cruze control on at 71 mph. Did not have time to break. 5 miles from where I needed to be.