Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrap in DC Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the new car. You'll love it. I've used two different shops in the DC to wrap our Teslas. By far, the best was All-American Paint Protection (Brett Miller) in Rockville. Very, very professional and as anal as can be in doing a perfect job.

Thanks so much! I will reach out to him.

We must’ve seen each other driving around Potomac...

See my sig for another option; Exotic did my full wrap in SunTek and OptiCoat for my X and did a great job. Surface feels like glass!

They used SunTek because of ease of wrapping around corners of panels in a full wrap. They also handcut everything, no edge seams from precut pieces. Excellent work!

Thanks. You prefer the Suntek over the Xpel?
My installer does for full wraps since it’s a little thinner and is easier/better to fold around edges. As I said, they do only custom cutting and wrap everything around the panel edges. On my X, the only visible seams are on the side mirrors where it’s impossible to use one piece of film.

Note that both manufacturers have the same 10 year warranty now (but practically, who really keeps a car 10 years?).

My installer does for full wraps since it’s a little thinner and is easier/better to fold around edges. As I said, they do only custom cutting and wrap everything around the panel edges. On my X, the only visible seams are on the side mirrors where it’s impossible to use one piece of film.

Note that both manufacturers have the same 10 year warranty now (but practically, who really keeps a car 10 years?).

Thanks Lee - from my experience with my S, door dings and chips come way too easily - wanted a modicum of protection.

Can you tell me what he charged you and how long it took to install?

Thanks Lee - from my experience with my S, door dings and chips come way too easily - wanted a modicum of protection.

Can you tell me what he charged you and how long it took to install?
It took about a week (they said 7-10 days, but ended up being 7) and was in the neighborhood of $7500; this included the headlights and fog lights, and the Opticoat initial coating. They are pretty booked up, so, you might need to wait a bit. I booked my slot before my car came in (about six weeks out).

Definitely gives peace of mind driving in the DC area with all the crap on the roads! :D

Best of luck!

I used speed and tech motoring for a couple Tesla’s. He is very big in the Bmw community here and does most of the DMV bimmers. He has also done many Tesla’s.

Call raja ‭+1 (703) 565-4508‬

He usually has a loaner car as well so it’s very convenient.

Thank you everyone for your advice. Spoke to a number of folks and decided to go with the folks at All-American in Rockville (the SC guys knew them too and liked them). However, I have switched off of XPel and went to Suntek thanks to Boaterva and a number of the techs' suggestions. They all seemed to like the product better, said it is the same thickness and better shine than the XPel.

Doing just less than full wrap probably, but am going to de-chrome at same time - probably without car for about 7-9 days. Will post pics when it is done.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Reactions: boaterva
Thank you everyone for your advice. Spoke to a number of folks and decided to go with the folks at All-American in Rockville (the SC guys knew them too and liked them). However, I have switched off of XPel and went to Suntek thanks to Boaterva and a number of the techs' suggestions. They all seemed to like the product better, said it is the same thickness and better shine than the XPel.

Doing just less than full wrap probably, but am going to de-chrome at same time - probably without car for about 7-9 days. Will post pics when it is done.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Congrats! Mine is in the shop at All-American Paint Protection getting a partial wrap with the opticoat, codename "The Tesla package". Should be complete tomorrow. Ask Brett to see the Blue X or msg me for a meet-up. We could talk politics. ;)

BTW, cool handle!

Congrats! Mine is in the shop at All-American Paint Protection getting a partial wrap with the opticoat, codename "The Tesla package". Should be complete tomorrow. Ask Brett to see the Blue X or msg me for a meet-up. We could talk politics. ;)

BTW, cool handle!

Sounds good. Thanks for the compliment!

I may try to swing by there tomorrow - I emailed Brett as another place recommended by boaterva came in about $3k cheaper for the Matte finish PLUS dechrome....I am hoping he'll match it....