Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrap VS PPF in GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Canadian Tesla Enthusiasts,

Just curious, I spoke with a wrapping store and they said if you live in GTA, It's better to go for a wrap than a PPF since wrap will still protect the car and its way cheaper than PPF in addition to having a multitude of colors to choose from.

anyone have any experience that can support this claim? Guy is giving me 1997 for a full color change wrap of a model 3.

Every reply is much appreciated!

I am dubious of this claim. The wrap is intended to be a color swap, not a protective layer. It might handle a scuff, but I think it’s more likely to tear.

I do have an Xpel PPF covering my entire car, and it’s taken a LOT of damage so my paint wouldn’t have to. Plus, the PPF melds together for small marks and I don’t think a wrap can do that.

Reactions: SilverGS
I am dubious of this claim. The wrap is intended to be a color swap, not a protective layer. It might handle a scuff, but I think it’s more likely to tear.

I do have an Xpel PPF covering my entire car, and it’s taken a LOT of damage so my paint wouldn’t have to. Plus, the PPF melds together for small marks and I don’t think a wrap can do that.
That's what I am thinking, PPF is expensive for a reason but his offer for below 2k wrap of any color choice is really tempting. I have the pearl multicoat so I am wondering how badly would I need PPF in toronto/ GTA

Reactions: Vawlkus

How much did the full PPF cost you?

That's what I am thinking, PPF is expensive for a reason but his offer for below 2k wrap of any color choice is really tempting. I have the pearl multicoat so I am wondering how badly would I need PPF in toronto/ GTA
The only concerned that I have with the wrap is for example after 2 years from now you got into accident and they have to replace or paint the affected area, the wrap color will not much anymore due to fading. The insurance will pay only for the affected area... I doubt they will pay to re-wrap the whole car. My Y is going for a full PPF next week. it's expensive but worth it..

The only concerned that I have with the wrap is for example after 2 years from now you got into accident and they have to replace or paint the affected area, the wrap color will not much anymore due to fading. The insurance will pay only for the affected area... I doubt they will pay to re-wrap the whole car. My Y is going for a full PPF next week. it's expensive but worth it..
I'm thinking PPF too. Please post your experience so us fellow vancouverites know where to shop!

I'm kinda leaning more towards PPF now. I just have to deal with the price in my head. This is my bumper driving from Vaughan to Oshawa via 407 lol BUGS EVERYWHERE!
IMG_20210812_113926.jpg
IMG_20210812_113916__01.jpg

Reactions: Vawlkus
I'm kinda leaning more towards PPF now. I just have to deal with the price in my head. This is my bumper driving from Vaughan to Oshawa via 407 lol BUGS EVERYWHERE!View attachment 695696View attachment 695698
We can help - Ceramic Pro Markham.

Picking up my MYP this Friday was just cruising this thread and you aren't wrong. We need this in the GTA. We finance it 0% for 12 months so the price is easier to get around. Only for Tesla Motors Club members :)

Hi Hamza,

How does your financing model works?

btw, congrats on MYP!

We use partnered lenders just like Tesla. If you send me a DM, I will send you a price list and collect your email. Once I do that and you fill out the credit app. They will approve you (most likely) on the spot for any service. It's an open-ended loan so you can pay it off in 3 months or take the full 12 months which I suggest so you maximize your monthly cash flow.

Reactions: defsam and Steel28