Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to paint the car in case I didn't like it and also I hear the car loses value so I did a 3M black satin wrap, I didn't want to change the ride of the car or spend $4,000 on new rims and tires so I just had my rims painted, I tinted all but the front window and now I'm just waiting for Tesla to price the center console and my upgrades will be complete. I've had a lot of cars in my lifetime (47 yrs old) but nothing as badass and eye catching as this, I love this car!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 1,376
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    832 KB · Views: 1,353
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 1,314
  • IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    671.4 KB · Views: 1,306
  • IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    732.5 KB · Views: 1,300
Classic example of perfection being in the eyes of the beholder. Several varied responses to the wrap/paint. I am sure from a value perspective that will likely be the case also. May make the car more valuable to the right buyer.
Exactly. It makes it one of a kind and that's always worth some $$$ to someone. Personally I like the glossy look, but I can see the value in something like this to the right person. It certainly makes it look unique.

+1. If Elon saw this he'd say you should have bought something else. Sorry dude but you ruined your car. I wonder how many people are going to see your car as their first Tesla and be unimpressed.

I really doubt Elon would say anything like that. Everyone's tastes vary, some times by quite a bit.

I for example would never buy a Brown Model S. I personally really dislike it, but that does not mean someone else does not love it to death.

I like what he's done, even if I would probably not do it myself.

Classic example of perfection being in the eyes of the beholder. Several varied responses to the wrap/paint. I am sure from a value perspective that will likely be the case also. May make the car more valuable to the right buyer.

Agreed, personally I don't like the matte look but some people do. Besides if he ever besides to sell it he can just have the wrap pulled off and he is back to stock!

Last edited:
Our differences make us interesting! I would hate a world where we all liked the same things. I don't really dig the matte finishes myself, but I can appreciate the fact that wraps are a great option to try different things out without being fully committed to it forever. Even though I like shiny, this definitely looks badass to me. I'm starting to come around to the matte...

Looks great. Do you happen to have the kind or name of the paint they used for the rims? Thanks.
Sorry I don't, I picked the rim color out of a book of Greys and my main concern was no powder coating, I believe it's a metallic grey with red flakes. I had an idea of what I wanted but its hard to tell from those little sample cards.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't a fan of the matte black as well which is why I got black satin which is less maintenance and has a little more of a sheen to it. The reason I did the wrap was one it protects the paint and two when I decide to remove it I'll have a brand new paint job straight from the factory waiting for me. I appreciate all the opinions from the people who like it and those who hate it, the reason they make different colors is because we all have different taste, I for one hate red cars and never understood why they would ever paint a car green but to each his or her own. So far the reaction I've gotten from those who have seen the car in person has been all positive, in fact I was asked if I could hurry and move my car at the Ford dealership when we dropped the Raptor off to be serviced because everyone who worked there and the customers all came outside to see what it was. I had at least 20 people standing around the car telling me how awesome it looked, Oh and instead of making the car look cheap as some of you said....lol I was told by several people it looks extremely expensive. Only a few of the people had actually heard of a Tesla and none had ever seen one, I told them about Elon and the chance to test drive one they all seemed very intrigued the ford salesman not so much.

Was never a fan of the matte stuff. Did it on my Mercedes G and it was horrible to clean. The fingerprints and oilys from the road was so tough to clean that I didn't even like taking the car out. When the stuff started discoloring, that was the last straw for me. I sold the car.