Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapped the inside of my steering wheel matte white

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This look Amazing, but I think with a black T will look better than the white one. Where did you get the steering leather and carbon fiber from?

the airbag was wrapped by local wrap shop,
he was gun shy to work w/airbags but held his powder!
I explained I wanted the 3M 1080 right up to tesla T
leaving T silver, however he gave it his own touch and
covered the T opening the black underneath as you see.
given that the airbag is complex curves and that the wrap
probably has a shelf life, I didn't have the heart to correct
my wishes as his is just choice, so next time I'll be more specific.

the wheel came from a san jose business dctms dot com, ivan.
don't know if they're a vendor here, prices were very kind,
choices are all yours... solid carbon firber, italian leather.

it really POP's in person, everyone that see's it is WOW!

anyone need a lightly used OEM
leather model 3 steering wheel?
I seem to have an extra now!

32810224-67fe-461e-8e20-548f8817e6c7.JPG

Finally done! Thanks to @TLLMRRJ for letting me hijack slightly his thread. I do have to say if this is your main car and if you decide to wrap or paint it...you’re gonna need at least a day to do. Paint will need multiple coats and some fine grit sanding. If you have an extra bezel it’s sooo much easier and swap out only took 15 mins.
View attachment 513689 View attachment 513690 View attachment 513691 View attachment 513692 View attachment 513693
How much did you have to sand it? New to this and trying to figure out if it is feasible

How much did you have to sand it? New to this and trying to figure out if it is feasible
Just a light sanding. Nothing crazy. Spray light and foot away. Sand. Spray. Sand. Spray. At worst if you mess up.....sand it back down and wrap. The sanding portion is just so everything is even. Kinda like how they wetsand bondo. Use a high grit like 600+ or more. Nothing coarse or abrasive.

• Informative
Reactions: srk67
hi did you ever end up selling your old trim?

Thanks @TLLMRRJ for the idea

received my trim piece today from eBay and ordered the wrap BUT i am gonna spray paint it instead. Too many areas to fold the wrap around. Researched and found Krylon matte white paint/primer so gonna give it a try. Should only take 5 mins to paint. Bonus is that the trim itself stands off the ground so you can actually evenly coat it.

Also for whoever wants my original one I can coat yours and send it to you or send it plain. I bought another trim bc I didn’t want the down time but once this goes in I can paint/send my swapped version.

View attachment 512742 View attachment 512743

Just a light sanding. Nothing crazy. Spray light and foot away. Sand. Spray. Sand. Spray. At worst if you mess up.....sand it back down and wrap. The sanding portion is just so everything is even. Kinda like how they wetsand bondo. Use a high grit like 600+ or more. Nothing coarse or abrasive.
Quick question, do you sand the plastic before the first coat or is that not necessary? I will be using krylon fusion