Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapped the inside of my steering wheel matte white

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your post inspired me to do the same. As someone who tried to do it with the wheel on before realizing that wasn’t an option and starting over with the wheel off - trust me it’s necessary.
Honestly the steering wheel dissemble was painless and I did have a bit of a unique aspect due to my Model Y having a heated wheel. Took maybe 3 hours start to finish and everything works and functions perfectly. Seems like a lot of work for little gain but the visual improvement is pretty striking.

Attachments

• 1DEA1481-3BE4-4A15-8789-FF2BD2D09984.jpg
    1DEA1481-3BE4-4A15-8789-FF2BD2D09984.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 178
im the worst biggest idiot. i took out the middle screw and somehow forgot to remove the left power plug. when i pulled out the wheel, the assembly behind it came out as well with a bunch of ribbon cables, totally drenched in lubricant. can't be put back.

the entire driving module needs to replaced, $500 out the door 🤦‍♂️. luckily, mobile can replace it and is able to come tomorrow.

and now im sitting here, too scared to take apart the wheel and finish the task at least.

I did mine - for me taking the wheel and trim off and putting it back on the car was 10% of the effort, most of it was stretching and heating the wrap to get around all of the angles. I *really* can't begin to fathom doing it with the wheel on the car, I just wouldn't have the patience. I also added white stalk covers and white wrap on the logo.

View attachment 657560
WOW whites stalks!!!
how hard was that wrap?
great look!!!

I did mine - for me taking the wheel and trim off and putting it back on the car was 10% of the effort, most of it was stretching and heating the wrap to get around all of the angles. I *really* can't begin to fathom doing it with the wheel on the car, I just wouldn't have the patience. I also added white stalk covers and white wrap on the logo.

View attachment 657560

what is that floor liner/mat? looks like it has white accent?

I followed this guide a few months ago and posted it elsewhere but I figured I should post my results here. I had less trouble disassembling it than what was in the reference videos that OP linked to but otherwise they were still immensely helpful. As @imschur mentioned, most of the effort went into wrapping the bottom half, which required a lot of patience. Absolutely love the effect.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 106
for you guys who removed the steering wheel.....did you unplugged the power that was at the back seat? I dont have any experience on removing a steering wheel and im worried that i will effed up the air bag..... another stupid question, is it risky that the airbag will accidentally deployed when removed? Please excuse my ignorance as i really dont have or guts on removing a steering wheel with airbag. Thank you