Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapping / dipping and sensitive areas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm dropping Verity off with ChicagoDipped next week. I'm trying to assemble some information to help them take care of my girl; the dipper's got a friend with a Model X in Florida (who's dipped his own ride), and he's reached out to them for tips; but I also want to be able to walk him through the special areas of the car on my own.

Has anybody got any thoughts for me, information I should pass on to him, before he dives in? Anybody had their car wrapped, and had any problem areas thereafter?

Here's what I've come up with so far, after a thorough trawl through these forums:

• Capacitive sensors on the FWDs – While I know most of the Autopilot / AutoPark sensors on the Model X are ultrasonic, and apparently work just fine through protective wraps (and probably, thus, through spray-on dip), I'm concerned about the capacitive touch-sensors at the foot of each of FWDs. Has anybody had a protective wrap like XPEL, or a decorative wrap, applied to that area? Would you mind testing it out with your hands for me? I'm pretty sure a wrap would interfere with the touch-sensitive.
  • Tight tolerances on the auto-spoiler – on Performance-variant Model X's, it sounds like the spoiler's adjustment is on a pretty tight tolerance, and wears thin protective wraps applied. Can anybody verify this and/or provide photos? I may have him just avoid the area underneath the spoiler altogether … unsure, as of yet.