Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wrapping handles - face only or entire handle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all. i'm doing a chrome delete and have the option to do handle faces only or entire handle for about 200 more.

for those that have done the chrome delete, any opinion or things to consider?

leaning towards doing face only since aesthetically would look the same, but would love to hear any issues w doing so or other considerations others have thought through.

thanks
Gabe

@virtualsmack,

Personally I'd spring and do the whole handle or nothing at all. I do realize that parked all you see is the face, however when they present to me it looks horrible and amateurish to just see the face covered and chrome showing on the sides and top. It would drive my OCD nuts! Lol
Therefore if you can get a clean professional looking job done do it all. Much more professional, complete and finished looking. Ymmv.

Ski

Reactions: virtualsmack
When we do chrome delete we do the entire handle. It's a more meticulous and time consuming process but the results are much better. Plus if there is nothing to adhere to the vinyl will start peeling. We end up fixing a lot of work from other shops. This is an example that came in recently. As you can see the cut off isn't smooth and the corner is starting to lift.

file1.jpeg