Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapping Piano Decor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't mean to thread jack, but I am thinking about wrapping the piano black parts of the center console of my 3 to reduce fingerprints and maybe the seat backs to protect against kid footprints.

How hard is this to do for an completely average person? Do I need special tools?

Don't mean to thread jack, but I am thinking about wrapping the piano black parts of the center console of my 3 to reduce fingerprints and maybe the seat backs to protect against kid footprints.

How hard is this to do for an completely average person? Do I need special tools?

The vinyl wraps are super forgiving. I would suggest getting the vinyl wrap squeegees. You can find them super cheap on amazon. They make precut vinyl kits for the Model 3. I would do it myself if I had a 3. Only complicated part is around the cup holders.

Just depends on how brave you are. On a scale of 1 (super simple) to 10 ( professional install only) I would rate it a 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Boourns
Pulled the cup holder trim since its the easiest to pull and test the leftover 3M carbon wrap I had left. Took some pics. Turned out great. Now to decide on either keeping the carbon or going with brushed black metallic.

IMG_5754.JPG IMG_5755.JPG IMG_5756.JPG IMG_5757.JPG IMG_5758.JPG IMG_5759.JPG IMG_5760.JPG

Reactions: P-town_P85 and Acho
Very good job!

I see that you used exacto knife for trimming. The blade has to be fresh and sharp in order to get clean and precise cuts.

If you PM me your address I will send you couple of 30 degrees blades for 9mm retractable knife /same pointed tip as exacto knife but 10 clickable and fresh tips per blade/. They work in any 9mm blade holder/handle. If you don't have one you can buy from any hardware store for few dollars.

Last edited: