Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wraps or ceramic coats on Oahu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LN1_Casey

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
Mar 6, 2019
Oahu, Hawaii
So, when I get to Oahu, I'll be getting my Tesla MS, and I was thinking of getting either/and wrapped/ceramic coated when I get it. Specifically, I was thinking of getting it a nice Campaign color. As Tesla no longer offers Titanium, I could only get this through paint or by wrapping. The ceramic would be for protection, if needed.

Is there a company on Oahu that anyone has experience with who has worked on Teslas? What's your experience, and for an S, roughly how much did it cost?

Thank you!

Reactions: Patrick66
When I bought my Model 3, I was looking for the same information. I did multiple searches in the Hawai’i forum and went from there. This has been discussed many many times and I think people are tired of repeating themselves. There is a wealth of experiences with many venders here.

Xero Wraps just finished my Model Y with full body PPF & ceramic coating and window tint on all the windows, except the roof glass. Tinting was done at the same time, but by Midnight Tinting, their partner. Great service and results all around!

I was wondering if you don’t mind me asking how much was the total cost of everything? I taking delivery soon, and want to getting everything protected? Did you also tint the roof? Thank you in advance.

It's not cheap - full wrap, ceramic, and tint all around including the windshield and except the glass roof was ~$6k, but they did excellent work.
Thank you so much, I am still deciding on what to do. 6k is a lot, but if it does help with protecting It could be worth it. Is this your first car you did this full package too. Does the wrap really protect and self heal?

I did full front coverage on both my X and My 3. I'm sure the PPF saved me from quite a few nicks and scratches from stones and road debris. There's lots of videos online demonstrating the healing, and yes it really does work for light scratches.

Decided to do the whole vehicle this time since we're likely keeping the Y for a while.

Thanks to this forum’s recommendations, I used Jun’s Tinting for a front ppf using Xpel film for my MY. The owner/installer is Peter Chung (808-454-3899). He installed the film in my garage. He was very meticulous, and returned the next day to inspect for any delamination. The ppf had to cure for 48 hrs. His cost was $1495+tax. He pointed out a couple of spots where particles were caught in the paint. They left a small bump. Peter said that he got a lot of business from the Tesla forum.

Peter recommended Gabe Akana of Buffin Stuff Detailing (808-216-9082) in Ewa Beach for the ceramic coating. Gabe works out of his home. Gabe did a paint correction before the ppf installation. He pointed out areas where Tesla fixed the paint and left swirls. Fortunately he was able to get them out. Gabe used the more flexible Gtechniq Halo on the ppf, SPS Graphene on the rest of the car and Beadlock Pro on the windows. The ceramic coating has to cure for 12 hrs. His cost was $1400+tax. Peter says that Gabe taught detailing and is frequently asked by his former students for advice. Gabe says other detailers think the Tesla paint fixes weren’t very good. He recommended an annual maintenance for the ceramic coating ($75). I felt he was a true craftsman and wants the best possible finish.