TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wrecked my front just too early for the 3.0 upgrade...

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Chillout, Jul 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

I have driven many cars. NONE stop as poorly as the Roadster. ecarfan, I am 6 foot 215 and I also work out a lot. I still routinely leave 2 car lengths per 10MPH/16kph speed. Even my 2003 Dodge Durango and my 1981 Diesel Lancruiser BJ-41 stop more reliably than the roadster. :(( Roadster is still a blast to drive though!!!)

Rather than complain, I immediately got involved with the new rotor purchase wiztechy started. I am installing my new rotors and carbotechs this week, and If the brakes stay crappy, I will upgrade the calipers. I also drive understanding the limits of the car.

So, I think this accident is the Roadster's fault, but I also recall the poster saying the law in the Netherlands is 2 seconds between cars. Instead of following the letter of the law, this poster should have better predicted the limits of the car.

I feel bad for the poster, I empathize with his loss, but I still think he should not have been following that minivan so closely.

My $0.02. Your mileage may vary.

Best,

T

2. Chillout

Chillout Member

Indeed, I should have predicted the limits a bit better.. pretty ****** conclusion I had during braking: so thís is how bad the Roadster can be at braking..

Sad news: the lease-company has decided she's not going to have the car repaired.

3. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

Bummer :crying:

Is there anyway you can buy the car back (at a huge discount ? )

4. Chillout

Chillout Member

I'm afraid not. I just said goodbye to the car. The repairer had the front taken off, and I could inspect the damage inside a bit better. The internal carbon is damaged, more than I expected it to be. I guess that's why the costs are as high... In the repair shop, they also had an other Roadster, a white one. EU VIN 000813. There were no license plates on it, but a quick search on this board told me that it's a Norwegian Roadster.

5. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

Shame you are losing out on the car.

At least you and the other driver are OK.

6. GVTesla

GVTesla Member

Feel sorry for you bro. Agree with the other posters that luckily everybody got out unscratched. However, loosing the roadster leaves a kind of a scratch too. It would with me, if I had to part with my RS.

As a legacy the least we can do is all learn from your experience. Thanks for sharing.

7. m0rph

m0rph Member

Was it not the one that crashed a few weeks ago in Antwerp?

Tesla-Roadster-crash-Ransbottyn.jpg

Tesla-Roadster-crash-1-500x600_c.jpg

8. Chillout

Chillout Member

Judging by the damage, the heart-shaped scratch and the split front bumper: yes that's it!

9. m0rph

m0rph Member

The heart-shaped scratch is not a scratch but the company logo from Vitaemobility.com
    I believe they have 10 identical roadsters, all with number plates 9-VIT-99x

10. Chillout

Chillout Member

LOL, that looked exactly like a scratch when I saw it in the bin @ repair center.

11. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

wow the Tesla emblem, like it came out of a old karate movie....did you take the emblem out of the bumper before you left

12. Chillout

Chillout Member

LOL yeah that's some scary stuff! I took it out, and it's now a sad souvenir on my desk