Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrecked my front just too early for the 3.0 upgrade...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have driven many cars. NONE stop as poorly as the Roadster. ecarfan, I am 6 foot 215 and I also work out a lot. I still routinely leave 2 car lengths per 10MPH/16kph speed. Even my 2003 Dodge Durango and my 1981 Diesel Lancruiser BJ-41 stop more reliably than the roadster. :(( Roadster is still a blast to drive though!!!)

Rather than complain, I immediately got involved with the new rotor purchase wiztechy started. I am installing my new rotors and carbotechs this week, and If the brakes stay crappy, I will upgrade the calipers. I also drive understanding the limits of the car.

So, I think this accident is the Roadster's fault, but I also recall the poster saying the law in the Netherlands is 2 seconds between cars. Instead of following the letter of the law, this poster should have better predicted the limits of the car.

I feel bad for the poster, I empathize with his loss, but I still think he should not have been following that minivan so closely.

My $0.02. Your mileage may vary.

Best,

T

I'm afraid not. I just said goodbye to the car. The repairer had the front taken off, and I could inspect the damage inside a bit better. The internal carbon is damaged, more than I expected it to be. I guess that's why the costs are as high... In the repair shop, they also had an other Roadster, a white one. EU VIN 000813. There were no license plates on it, but a quick search on this board told me that it's a Norwegian Roadster.

Sad news: the lease-company has decided she's not going to have the car repaired.

Feel sorry for you bro. Agree with the other posters that luckily everybody got out unscratched. However, loosing the roadster leaves a kind of a scratch too. It would with me, if I had to part with my RS.

As a legacy the least we can do is all learn from your experience. Thanks for sharing.

In the repair shop, they also had an other Roadster, a white one. EU VIN 000813. There were no license plates on it, but a quick search on this board told me that it's a Norwegian Roadster.

Was it not the one that crashed a few weeks ago in Antwerp?

Tesla-Roadster-crash-Ransbottyn.jpg

Tesla-Roadster-crash-1-500x600_c.jpg