Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrightspeed X1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CarDomain Car Blog: Wrightspeed X1

Ian Wright's Wrightspeed X1 could be hitting showrooms at around the same time. No word yet on pricing or availability, but these sweet rides are definitely generating some buzz. According to the FAQs, the Wrightspeed may be recharged at either 120 or 220v, reducing charging time. And unlike today's hybrids, the Wrightspeed is a battery-only car with no gas motor whatsoever. Ian Wright, formerly of Tesla Motors, left the company in 1996 to pursue this venture, and it appears his dream is close to being realized.

:confused:

The next electric car - Wrightspeed X1 Prototype (1) - Small Business

Last edited:
Road & Track NEW: Road & Track Photo Gallery

121920082214240420.jpg
121920082214240017.jpg

121920082214256117.jpg
121920082214250200.jpg

Nice find TEG

He has some good thinking bit his predictions just seem so counter to theemitionsa that a driver's car resonates. his car especially/ maybe he is disillusioned hat he could not get investors.
"Consider just one 10-mpg truck and one 50-mpg Prius," he says. "Drive them both 100-miles. The truck uses 10-gallons, the Prius 2-gallons. Improve the Prius to 100-mpg, drive another 100 miles. Now it only uses 1-gallon, you saved 1-gallon. But improve the truck by 12%. Now it does 11.2-mpg, and in 100-miles it will use 8.9-gallons, an improvement of 1.1-gallons. If you doubled the trucks mpg, from 10 to 20, you'll save 5-gallons, 5 times as much as doubling the mpg of the Prius."

I have always wondered why people think that driving a gas-electric hybrid will save them loads of money on their gas bill.

I have driven hybrids exclusively for the last 5 years...I doubt I would have saved more than 5% annually on my gas costs. For me, driving a hybrid has always been about keeping tons of emissions out of the air.

I think many of those who bought hybrids for the gas savings are probably disappointed...but the argument for EVs and against ICE vehicles must transcend economics...

I'm not sure I agree with Darrell's conclusions about EVs...it is a cool car though and he has some great youtube vids!