Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrinkles on leather seats at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard of or experienced Tesla replacing white leather seats that came with wrinkles at delivery?

Good question. I have a severe wrinkle on the front passenger seat bottom inside bolster. I think I'm going to ask them to fix it. It's only got 500 miles and has been in service nearly since I took delivery of it on April 7th. It's gone back like 5 times now to be repainted, in their own words, due to quality control issues.

Good question. I have a severe wrinkle on the front passenger seat bottom inside bolster. I think I'm going to ask them to fix it. It's only got 500 miles and has been in service nearly since I took delivery of it on April 7th. It's gone back like 5 times now to be repainted, in their own words, due to quality control issues.
Wow, 5 times! what did you need repainted? I have what looks like rock chips on my car. They were there when I picked it up from the factory.

Wow, 5 times! what did you need repainted? I have what looks like rock chips on my car. They were there when I picked it up from the factory.

Front right a-pillar (factory paint defect).
Front right door (scratch from factory).
Rear hatch was repainted with no explanation given. The rear hatch was perfect and to have that much factory paint redone with the crappy color mismatched paint with overspray and fisheyes really sucks. I'm tempted to file a claim with USAA because they still haven't explained why it was repainted.

The bumper also has massive paint correction hologramming on the right rear. There appears to be a previous repair that is shrinking under the paint. I took it to a third party Tesla certified body shop to inspect prior to returning it to Tesla to continue the repairs and they think the bumper is factory damage that was repaired prior to delivery that is shrinking under the paint. They think someone at tesla saw the shrinkage and tried to level it.

I did have it back for a week weeks after they had it for 5 weeks because I was leaving the country for 2 weeks on vacation and they suggested I store it at home while I was gone and then bring it back for them to continue.

Reactions: MXLR7FSD