Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Write off [in the UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all
If you buy a Tesla 3 and the car been written off with category N in UK, is the warranty removed.
Just to mention the car been repaired and Tesla said vehicle has been salvaged this removes all warrantees on the vehicle and is standard across all Tesla's.
Car is from 2020 march with 14000 on clock .
Thanks

No it sounds like they misled you. :confused:

Unless Tesla somehow misses the fact that it’s a salvage title, you’re out of luck with warranty coverage. It just wouldn’t make any sense for any manufacturer to cover a car that’s been titled that way (no matter if it’s easily repairable). If Tesla themselves have already told you the warranty has been removed, I’d suggest looking at what purchase protections you have there or offload it to an auction.

If memory serves, from reports by US owners of salvaged vehicles, Tesla block the use of Superchargers by any vehicle its database shows as written off / salvaged. I would suspect you would also be unable to register the car in the Tesla app, and thus not get software updates either.

Reactions: boombap
I have this same question. If a Tesla is involved in an accident but is repaired and returned to the road in UK (either CAT S or CAT N) then do the warranties continue (inc Battery warranty). Also does free supercharging continue?. Can't see anything in the terms and conditions to say it would become invalid but I may be missing something. If the car is road legal on a Cat S or N surely the warranty should remain valid.....anyone been thru this in UK?

I have this same question. If a Tesla is involved in an accident but is repaired and returned to the road in UK (either CAT S or CAT N) then do the warranties continue (inc Battery warranty). Also does free supercharging continue?. Can't see anything in the terms and conditions to say it would become invalid but I may be missing something. If the car is road legal on a Cat S or N surely the warranty should remain valid.....anyone been thru this in UK?
Hi,

Interested to find out if you ever got a definitive answer to your questions?