Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Write to SSD attached to Model X over wifi?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

[Model X 2020 LRP] I attached SSD to USB data port. SSD has 2 partition, one is dedicated for Sentry Mode, the other is for music. Everything works great.

Now if I need to add more music to the SSD, I need to remove it from the car, plug it into computer to copy more music then plug back into the car. It's quite troublesome. It would be nice to copy over the wire since both my computer and the car are on the same home WIFI network.

Is anyone aware of any trick?

Thanks

Hi,

[Model X 2020 LRP] I attached SSD to USB data port. SSD has 2 partition, one is dedicated for Sentry Mode, the other is for music. Everything works great.
Now if I need to add more music to the SSD, I need to remove it from the car, plug it into computer to copy more music then plug back into the car. It's quite troublesome. It would be nice to copy over the wire since both my computer and the car are on the same home WIFI network.
Is anyone aware of any trick?
Thanks

Reactions: ThisIsMask
Thanks for the pointer. Looks very interesting. Definitely will look into this.
It is pretty neat. First as far as the car is concerned, it is just a USB drive (actually two). It automatically attaches to my network when I pull in to my garage, and logs on to the SMB shares published by my NAS. It then rsyncs all the videos the car has accumulated since last being there.

It also is a media drive. If I want to add or change your tunes, you just add or change music files into a directory mounted on your home computer. Never have to bring a USB stick in the house again. Sentry Mode keeps the computer alive in the car. Even if you turn Sentry Mode off at home, it only takes a few seconds for Pi zero to boot up and begin recording.

You can configure it to keep all video the cameras record, if you want. But that generates a huge amount of data that can get out of hand very quickly, even with 20 TB available. About 100MB per minute (6 GB per hour).

Reactions: ThisIsMask