Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Writing posts on iPad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes this happens (my previous post) and sometimes it doesn't (this post), but when it happens on my iPad (Air2, latest iOS) it is annoying.

Basically I click in this text field, type one character, then my keyboard goes away. I click in the field a second time, type a second character, and the keyboard goes away again, and so on.

I try scrolling, zooming, splitting/unsplitting the keyboard, and eventually it stops happening, but I'm not sure which of those fixes it, if any.

99% of the time I read and post on TMC using an iPad and Tapatalk. I have also experienced what you describe, but not after just one character, it happens while I am typing fast and am well into composing a post. I don't know if it is a Tapatalk bug or if my fingers are hitting something they shouldn't. Can't figure it out. I do find that if I slow down and type more carefully it doesn't seem to happen.

Try going into "advanced" (button at bottom right under the text box) when that happens. Also I tap the screen at the next line down from where it starts (before I start writing anything) - you'll see the size of the cursor change. No idea why these things work/help.