Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Written Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last -- and only -- time I ever got a speeding ticket was a good 20 years ago, driving in my pickup truck. I've had my Esprit for almost two years and I was pretty confident that I wasn't going to get pulled over for speeding. . . mainly because I'm well aware of which highways are patrolled in this area.

But then today I got careless. Wasn't thinking. I just pulled out onto the highway and gave it the gas, which is so much fun to do, and in a matter of seconds those red and blue lights started flashing. And the irony, of course, is that it happened exactly where the State Troopers have always ran their speed checks for years, which I knew perfectly well. I was clocked doing 80 in a 70 zone -- made worse by the fact that the sun had already set, and the speed limit drops to 65 at night (or "in a few minutes" as the trooper put it).

The young gentleman who stopped me was very professional, and I was quite relieved when he only wrote me up a warning instead of ticketing me. He also asked me about my car, as he hadn't seen it before but noted that, "a car like that will attract a lot of attention around here".

How true.

Wonder if anyone has compared the amount of driving infractions in an EV vs those in an ICE?

Does the silence of an EV make it more steathly? Just speaking of sound, not radar.

Compared to the fleets of Harleys that rumble by my house every weekend, my friend' s Rav 4 EV comes in snake-silent.

Ha, an EV study on ticketing. Most EVs are probably NEVs, thus governed at low speeds so it isn't a problem. You'd find more of a telling study dealing with women with big busts getting out of tickets. DUIs on the other hand, are entirely different. Every once in a while I deal with DUI clients, and boy do those girls get grilled.

Tesla_p_v_1.jpg

tesla_chips.jpg

Tesla_p_v_2.jpg