Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong Home Address in Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My street name and address are correct; however, yesterday I told my car to navigate me home (using the home button, which has worked numerous times in the past) and it took me off on a weird side route that terminated on a street miles away from my home, on a street I'd never visited. The navigation still showed the correct distance to my home. I canceled and re-started the navigation shortly before reaching the bogus "home" destination.

The point is that the Tesla navigation system sometimes gets confused. I recommend deleting your home location and re-entering it. That might fix the problem. If not, then I recommend filing a bug report. Maybe as a workaround you could enter some nearby location as your home address; that works better, it'd at least get you to the right neighborhood, and you can take it from there.

mine also shows the wrong street number. its been this way the whole 2 years of ownership.

no obvious way to get it fixed either. I just write it off as another unfixable tesla bug, sigh ;(
I am in the same boat as you. I think the issue is with Google Maps. I tried and tried to communicate with someone to get this fixed. Good luck talking to anyone at that company. We moved in to a new housing development 2 years ago. No updates to the home numbers, or new streets.

When I got my Tesla, the home address we put in take you to a different location. Its unfortunate, and have found no way to fix this.

I am in the same boat as you. I think the issue is with Google Maps. I tried and tried to communicate with someone to get this fixed. Good luck talking to anyone at that company. We moved in to a new housing development 2 years ago. No updates to the home numbers, or new streets.

When I got my Tesla, the home address we put in take you to a different location. Its unfortunate, and have found no way to fix this.
Yep, I can confirm it’s a Google Map bug. I when I bought my house 7 years ago, Google map would end the turn by turn navigation at the first house one the block.

Say for example my house number is 3 and the house number at the beginning of the street on the left side is 1. Every time I enter 3 main st city state, Google map will say my destination ends at house number 1.

I reported this issue exactly 7 years ago, to this date Uber driver, Amazon delivery and heck even the post office deliver my mails and packages at house number one.

Somehow both Waze and Apple fixed the issue on their map data 3 months after I reported the same issue.

in my case, it seems an odd concidence; my street number is something like 506 and yet it seems o ADD THOSE UP and says that I live at #11 instead of #506 (those are not real numbers, just for example).

I can't understand how it can take a 3 digits and come up with 2, being a sum (for some reason). I dont think they really are thinking this is an addition problem but it sure seems odd that the wrong number is just the sum of the 3 digits that are really my address.

I dont think this is google, as google maps shows my addr just fine. I think its what tesla does to google maps, tbh.

Playing with my new updated Tesla iOS app I somehow got to a page where I could report location issue to Apple maps. I did so.
Maybe the app (iOS) uses Apple maps whereas the car's system is Google. No problem with the car's home location except it has me on the wrong, odd numbered, side of the street.

Playing with my new updated Tesla iOS app I somehow got to a page where I could report location issue to Apple maps. I did so.
Maybe the app (iOS) uses Apple maps whereas the car's system is Google. No problem with the car's home location except it has me on the wrong, odd numbered, side of the street.
Yes, the Tesla IOS app uses Apple Map while the car uses Google Map. I suppose the Android app uses Google Map?