Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong pic on phone app? Just wonodering.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not a biggie at all, however I decided to ask anyway.

Does anyone out there have a P3D+?

If so..... Is the picture on your phone app fully accurate? I have aero wheels on my app.

Not a biggie, however I was wondering if anyone has performance wheels ( not aero ) showing on their app. The color of my car is correct, however the wheels are wrong.

Based on my understanding, the software does not know your car has big brakes etc - no sure if it matters much now, perhaps when Track Mode comes out?

My stealth Performance shows the aero wheels and when I asked if it could be changed they said no (I have 19"OEM on the car) - hard to say what the service folks know about this particular detail. Worth asking about I'd say

This is not a biggie at all, however I decided to ask anyway.

Does anyone out there have a P3D+?

If so..... Is the picture on your phone app fully accurate? I have aero wheels on my app.

Not a biggie, however I was wondering if anyone has performance wheels ( not aero ) showing on their app. The color of my car is correct, however the wheels are wrong.

There have been other threads around this and quite a few I believe in the S/X forums. There is a code in your vehicle identifier that is used to determine what images display both in the mobile app and in the vehicle screens. Tesla can modify this to whatever you want... I believe I've even seen a screenshot of someone who had a yellow wrap on their car and somehow convinced Tesla to make their car's images appear yellow in the car's information screens.

There have been other threads around this and quite a few I believe in the S/X forums. There is a code in your vehicle identifier that is used to determine what images display both in the mobile app and in the vehicle screens. Tesla can modify this to whatever you want... I believe I've even seen a screenshot of someone who had a yellow wrap on their car and somehow convinced Tesla to make their car's images appear yellow in the car's information screens.
thats @wk057

Just call CS and they will be able to fix it.

My wife had her 3 wrapped and she called CS and they changed her cars avatar color. They can modify the wheels, etc., too.

My avatar isn't perfect either, but I'll take what I have. I have an M3 P3D+ and my avatar has a CF wing but no red calipers. FWIW - I haven't received my CF Wing yet.

Tesla can modify this to whatever you want..

I hope that has changed but I was told, in early August, that it was true of S and X but not 3 - why is a good question

My car doesn't have aeros and it has OEM rims so they should be able to do it..

Re @DdotRoq I just had my dual motor performance badge installed and the tech said manufacturing issues with the vendors had delayed it but expects in Jan supply to start showing up FWIW

I switched from the aeros to the 19" wheels, but my avatar didn't change. I called the SC because the avatar should be the same as what you have on your account. Because if you have a flat tire and call for service, what kind of tire will Tesla assume you need? Not only that, I'm not a fan of the aeros and it was driving me a little nuts. Tesla rolled a mobile ranger to flash the software, but eventually I had to call in a request that an engineer ended up resolving.

Just for the accuracy of future service alone, you should contact your SC to update your account.

Who is engineering? Do you have a phone number to them?

Via the service number. The mobile ranger who flashed the software to my car said the account should update overnight, at the latest. If not, I should call the service number and ask to speak to someone in engineering. 24 hours later, no update. I called the service request line, waited on hold for an eternity, then explained the situation. Waited on hold another eternity for the rep to confirm that in fact I DID need to speak to someone in engineering. That conversation lasted about two minutes and moments later, the account was updated.

I didn't say it was easy, nor quick. Just effective.

Curious if anyone’s avatar on their phone have a non uniform wheel arch? Also, any P3D+ owners have their brakes show in the avatar?

B4CEC3E7-597F-4D9A-B347-D609421B5C89.jpeg