Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong thread being pulled when receiving texts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening all,

I have this issue which annoys me. I receive texts and WhatsApp or Messenger messages and it seems to completely confuse my Tesla Y. It works sometimes, but far too often It informs me of a new text, but then pulls the WRONG thread, from the wrong caller, often form months ago, or more. I've tried to delete and re-establish the BT connection w/o resolving it.

Any ideas?

-JP

Reactions: RNHurt
Same issues -- I saw some other threads about removing the 'person' and / or the 'old' text message.

• Informative
We've reported this to the Android team and have opened a ticket to get it fixed. Please visit and star the issue and/or add your comment. Every response helps!

➡️ Android SMS Bug

Thanks for the heads up on the bug tracker.

Side note - this issue (reported by my wife to me) was only with Tesla MY. When using the BMW (F34 model) was not an issue, understood there are a lot of differences in the way those different vehicles handle text msg.

• Informative
We've reported this to the Android team and have opened a ticket to get it fixed. Please visit and star the issue and/or add your comment. Every response helps!

➡️ Android SMS Bug

I have submitted a bug report 28NOV2021. RNHurt, Thanks for the link. maybe something will get fixed. I have had this problem with multiple phones, getting texts from dead people as if they are sending from the grave.