Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong time Zone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully someone can help. I’m on the East coast and it seems like my model S refresh with 32.10 is still stuck in pacific time. Same problem existed before the update
Tried to press and hold the clock for 5 seconds. 10 seconds. 20 seconds. Reset the software using the 2 scroll wheels

car shows proper location in navigation and when I go to the browser and type in “where am I” it shows the proper location as well?

Still stuck.
Any ideas ?

What do you mean by main screen
There are two screens in the front. One is in front of the driver behind the steering wheel. The other is the huge main screen in the center of the dash. The time is in the upper right corner of this screen. There is a YouTube video that shows a model s owner tapping the time indicator 3 times on the main screen to set the clock to the GPS time the current location's time zone.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
There are two screens in the front. One is in front of the driver behind the steering wheel. The other is the huge main screen in the center of the dash. The time is in the upper right corner of this screen. There is a YouTube video that shows a model s owner tapping the time indicator 3 times on the main screen to set the clock to the GPS time the current location's time zone.
Ah. I thought you meant a specific menu on the screen. Tried that. Nothing. Weird

Reactions: DerbyDave
Seriously, I had a similar issue when I got my Model S 6 1/2 years ago. For me, it was off by one hour - Pacific to Mountain time. I called the 800 number and they did something on their end to fix it. Some things never change...

Seriously, I had a similar issue when I got my Model S 6 1/2 years ago. For me, it was off by one hour - Pacific to Mountain time. I called the 800 number and they did something on their end to fix it. Some things never change...
That's helpful. I have this problem. I'm located in Norway, north Europe. When checking tides, I get the high tide at my place in California time, nine hours off. Thanks

I have had this issue since delivery in July. The suggestions I’ve found on the Internet, such as tapping on the clock several times, have had no effect. I have had two service appointments set up over time, and the messages back-and-forth with them in the app have indicated that they think the problem can be solved with a software update and that no physical visit will be necessary, but as yet that hasn’t resolved anything. My software is updating right now with 2021.32.20.1, so we’ll see if that has any effect.

Reactions: TNGuy99
I have had this issue since delivery in July. The suggestions I’ve found on the Internet, such as tapping on the clock several times, have had no effect. I have had two service appointments set up over time, and the messages back-and-forth with them in the app have indicated that they think the problem can be solved with a software update and that no physical visit will be necessary, but as yet that hasn’t resolved anything. My software is updating right now with 2021.32.20.1, so we’ll see if that has any effect.
I just updated to .20. Nothing. I will try calling Tesla

same problem here. Picked up in dallas. Tapped the screen, held it. nothing. Also my cell doesn't change status at all unless I force a reset or "power off" the car. Service appointment first date is oct 25. I love my plaid. But this is really lame. All the tech, and the same problem as a VCR in the 80's.