Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong time Zone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m curious, if I factory reset it shouldn’t it be bare bones firmware? Why would my software be any different than any other model S refresh. It may be a pain to reconfigure profiles etc but i don’t understand how my car is different and needs a patch.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and jleonk
Hopefully someone can help. I’m on the East coast and it seems like my model S refresh with 32.10 is still stuck in pacific time. Same problem existed before the update
Tried to press and hold the clock for 5 seconds. 10 seconds. 20 seconds. Reset the software using the 2 scroll wheels

car shows proper location in navigation and when I go to the browser and type in “where am I” it shows the proper location as well?

Still stuck.
Any ideas ?
I have same problem. Have you figured out the answer?

They finally fixed it. Said they had to escalate the issue to engineering and they fixed it on their end. 🤷‍♂️
I'm having the same issue, my appointment it’s tomorrow along with other small issues. After seen your post I’m starting worried my car it’s going to stay at service center for a while. How did they fix it? Did you get your car back in a day?

Reactions: jleonk
I'm having the same issue, my appointment it’s tomorrow along with other small issues. After seen your post I’m starting worried my car it’s going to stay at service center for a while. How did they fix it? Did you get your car back in a day?
Actually, it wasn’t in service for that reason. I brought it in for the time issue about a month and a half ago, they couldn’t fix it then but stated they would have to send me an OTA patch.

On the last service visit, they were going to fix a rattle and install the trunk cover I didn’t receive at delivery. While talking to the service advisor, he called over the head service mechanic to explain what they did to fix the rattle. He asked me if there was anything else I had issues with which I then brought up the time issue. He walked over to the car with me and could not fix it at that time. He asked if he could keep it one day as it was already around 5pm. I was called at around noon the next day and said everything was fixed. All he told me was he contacted “engineering” and they fixed it. I presume in California?

Weird bug that’s for sure as my gps is correct, even when I type in “where am I” into google in the browser it shows up correct.

Good luck 👍

Reactions: TNGuy99 and jleonk
After I updated to 2021.44.25.2 I long-pressed the clock on the screen of my 2021 Model S refresh delivered 28 Sept 2021 and automatically got the correct time!!! After months of two hours ahead (PDT), it is really something!!
It worked!!!! My Model S has been on Central time since late July when I picked it up (at the delivery center in that time zone) and finally, it’s in Eastern time where it belongs!! Thank you for sharing this tip!!!

It worked!!!! My Model S has been on Central time since late July when I picked it up (at the delivery center in that time zone) and finally, it’s in Eastern time where it belongs!! Thank you for sharing this tip!!!
Well my issue is not completely fixed, it's not a problem, but it might be interesting to someone else? Somewhere deep inside the car still thinks it's in PDT zone.
Our ski club has an app that tracks grooming of the ski trails so that skiers will know conditions. It reports the time a trail was last groomed. On my Android phone and my MacBook Pro the time is correct, but on the browser on the car it is an hour later- in Pacific Daylight time...the ski trail grooming app developer says: "some devices parse the last-groomed time in the device's timezone rather than the local timezone..."