TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

wroom wroom app?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Hybris, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Hybris

Hybris Member

is there any good app with different car sounds? would be cool tomplay through the stereo... different wroom wroom sounds... ;-)

2. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

Just put your radio on AM and dial it to a frequency where there are no stations. You'll get an engine sound, of sorts.

3. kirkp

kirkp Member

XLR8

4. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

At least on my car, you need to set the AM radio to lower than the lowest frequency. 500 something. It will let you set it there, even though no radio stations operate in that range. Kinda terrible sounding though.

5. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

You can get a race car sound, but kind of like the sound from a poor quality racing video game played through a bad speaker.
    Sorry for taking this off topic. :smile:

6. Hybris

Hybris Member

it would be fun with a handy app with different engine sounds... at the red lights... stream over the ultra hifi stereo and windows down... ha ha! :)

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

One of our suppliers gave me one of those little promo buttons, it's a red button that plays the sound of an engine revving (followed by a little promo for their product line). I stuck that in the cubby under the touchscreen, and press it if anyone asks about engine sounds.

My Ranger went to access the TPMS connector the other day and accidentally hit the button. He was slightly startled. Chuckles.