TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB: 1.5 Roadster Left Rear Wheel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by chris22104, Nov 20, 2014.

1. chris22104

chris22104 Member

Mine on my 08 Roadster is fine, but came from the factory in a lightly misted grey color, while the other 3 wheels are the pure aluminum color. So it does not match perfectly. Anyone got one with no damage? If not, I can still buy it new from Tesla I think. PM me! Thanks! Chris

2. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

Can you just get it painted? I am pretty sure that the rims are painted an aluminum color.

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Yes the wheels are coated or painted an a local guy here recoats for about $60.

4. chris22104

chris22104 Member

If they are indeed painted an aluminum color, I suppose a rim repair place could bake the clear powdercoating off, and repaint it and repowdercoat it... Nobody around here tho...

5. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Are you 100% certain the rim came like that from the factory? Why didn't you mention this when picking up your Roadster? Or are you a 2nd+ owner and don't know the history? If so I'd change the description. I really don't see Tesla letting something odd like that out. Sounds more like the original owner hit a curb, had the rim replaced, and it was of a different variation which can happen.

If it was me I'd just have the 4 powder coated to a black or gun metal color. End of story and it'll look better than stock.