TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB: 19" wheels + winter tires, preferably OEM. Boston area.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by robby, Nov 11, 2015.

1. robby

robby Member

I'm looking for a good deal on a winter wheel/tire set for my 85D, maybe from someone leaving the area who no longer needs them? Not urgent as I'm fine giving this winter a shot with all seasons to see how they do, but I'd happily snipe a good deal on a winter set if anybody is looking to unload one.

2. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

I have an S85 and found after the first snowfall that I needed winter tires. I found a set of unused 19" wheels on eBay (a guy in CA who put third-party 19s on his new S) and bought Nokian Hakka R2s from Direct Tire in Watertown who mounted them with my original TOMS sensors. In the spring I got a new set of sensors when Tesla mounted my original tires on the new rims. I've heard of others who bought new wheels with the all-seasons and saved them for their first all-season replacement.

Good luck - I highly recommend the R2s, by the way. The S85 feels as secure as my old A4 Quattro with them on.

3. robby

robby Member

Tires/wheels procured!

Mods, when you have a moment, please update this thread title to indicate these are no longer needed.