TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WTB 20" OEM Model X Base Wheels

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by MJP70D, Mar 30, 2017.

1. MJP70D

MJP70D Member

I'm interested in buying a set of four (4) OEM Model X 20" wheels. Preference is for new take-offs and 9.5" width for the rears but older take-offs and/or 10" rears would be welcome if in excellent shape. Thanks.

2. NorthlineV

NorthlineV Member

HI, I have a set that just came off a 2017 X 90D. 104 miles. Wheels, tires, center caps and TPMS. Asking $2100 plus shipping from 73106. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

3. md443

md443 Member

I have have 2 sets and thinking of selling one of them:

1) Brand New (will take delivery next week)

or

2) Off my previous 2016 X, mint condition, Powder coated charcoal metallic grey.

I'm in the NYC/NJ area

4. MJP70D

MJP70D Member

@NorthlineV Do you know the width of the rear wheels? Tesla has shipped both 9.5" and 10" on the X. As I plan to mount them on a Model S, I am interested in the wheels, center caps and TPMS only. Are you willing/able to sell the tires separately? If yes, I'd be willing to offer $1400 for the set (wheels/caps/TPMS x4). Thank you.

5. MJP70D

MJP70D Member

@md443 Interesting! Do you have a pic or two of the charcoal grey wheels you could post?

6. md443

md443 Member

I will try to upload the pics for you. But if I'm correct from reading other Model S users who have mounted the 20" Slipstreams from a Model X, it's not the rear width that mattered but more so the offset. Take a look at a member Mike-415, he mounted the Slipstreams but I think he specifically was looking for the correct offsets so the wheels could fit.

Will post pics when I get a chance for you

7. MJP70D

MJP70D Member

Thanks @md443. I have exchanged a couple of messages with Mike-415 and learned a lot; he's clearly done his homework! I'd be interested in your new silver 20s (wheels/caps/TPMS) if you decide to sell. I'm also intrigued by your charcoal grey set. Do you know the spec on the greys? 35/40mm offset? Thanks.

8. md443

md443 Member

I'm having a hard time uploading the pics for the charcoal grey wheels and we have a new born at home so not much time on our hands available. If you like you can email me at [email protected] and I will sent you the pics that way.

The grey wheels are 9.0" and 10.0" with both 35mm offsets

I think the Newer cars are now 35mm and 40 or 45mm offsets besides having the staggered widths.

9. MJP70D

MJP70D Member

@NorthlineV Any interest in splitting the wheels/etc from the tires? Thanks.

10. NorthlineV

NorthlineV Member

I would have to check on the width but $1400 is a bit less thank I would like and would rather keep them as a set. Thanks for the offer though!

11. MJP70D

MJP70D Member

Thank you @ NorthlineV. Lemme know if you have a change of heart.

12. MJP70D

MJP70D Member

Anyone else interested in selling a set of 20" OEM Model X base wheels? Thanks.