Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: 2015-2018 Tesla Model S 75D, 85D, 90D, 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the situation of driving a ton for work, so I'm in the market for a 2015 or newer 85S, 90D or 100D Model S. Would gladly take a performance model at the right price. Would prefer 2016.5 or newer, but will look at 2015 or 2016 (pre-refresh). Would consider a 2016.5 or newer 75D at the right price. Would consider a MX as well at the right price. Color, etc is flexible. I would like a car with higher miles to keep the price down, as I will be adding at least 30K miles a year if not more anyway. You can send me a message or else contacting me (I prefer iMessage or text before a call) at 720-949-3977. Located in Colorado, I'm willing to travel anywhere in the 48 to pick up the car.

If you're anticipating driving that much, you do NOT want a 75D. Get at least a 90D or 100D and I would suggest staying away from the performance variants because the few tenths of 0-60 occasionally aren't worth the hit to range you take for someone in your shoes. There's a reason they say "Range is king" when it comes to EVs and this is especially true if you're driving that much. It's not just about point A to point B distances which is the mistake I made prior to owning one. The larger battery pack means less of a worry on battery degradation (that 10% on a 60kWh pack was brutal since it was already below 200 miles) but it also means that things like faster charging speeds for longer durations shorten charging sessions considerably. There's also the fact that the 85kWh packs and smaller were affected by Chargegate which is a whole other topic but one you want to investigate quite a bit before saddling yourself with one of those packs for someone who drives as much as you. If you're driving 30k miles per year you definitely want to invest in a larger battery pack.

Reactions: Baytomax
Go to www.ev-cpo.com and look. There are numerous 100Ds listed. I believe they have 124 Model Ss listed. I just came from that website. I wish that they had that many Xs listed.
I see you are relatively new here so I would do a little bit of digging on these forums and elsewhere to read the countless horror stories from those who have bought used from Tesla (which is what EV-CPO is an aggregate of) before buying a used car from Tesla or suggesting it. By the time it's over you will likely have determined yourself that you wish you had bought from a 3rd party dealerships or (even better) a private seller. You may be one of the few who has an acceptable experience but it's important to at least know what you're getting into fully so you can make an informed decision.

I see you are relatively new here so I would do a little bit of digging on these forums and elsewhere to read the countless horror stories from those who have bought used from Tesla (which is what EV-CPO is an aggregate of) before buying a used car from Tesla or suggesting it. By the time it's over you will likely have determined yourself that you wish you had bought from a 3rd party dealerships or (even better) a private seller. You may be one of the few who has an acceptable experience but it's important to at least know what you're getting into fully so you can make an informed decision.
Agreed, I’m not going to buy a used car from Tesla. They strip any features, charge ridiculous fees and delivery, and the asking prices are as high as the Burj Khalifa 😂

Under any normal car market I would think that trying to trade a low mileage car for a higher mileage car would be a waste of time. The car market a couple of months ago, I would have said it probably would have been easy to pull something off like that. Not sure about now. The used S market is starting to cool off as Tesla is shipping new ones again, so there seems to be some sanity returning. Not sure how what the future holds right now, but if you can sell yours for a big enough pile of money, then do it, so long as you have the ability to survive for a bit without the car.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Under any normal car market I would think that trying to trade a low mileage car for a higher mileage car would be a waste of time. The car market a couple of months ago, I would have said it probably would have been easy to pull something off like that. Not sure about now. The used S market is starting to cool off as Tesla is shipping new ones again, so there seems to be some sanity returning. Not sure how what the future holds right now, but if you can sell yours for a big enough pile of money, then do it, so long as you have the ability to survive for a bit without the car.
I wouldn't be so sure of that especially considering the ongoing price hikes on new cars. The LR version of the Model S has seen like $10k in price increases over the last few months. Starts to make those "crazy" priced 100D's & 90D's with regular steering wheels look a little bit better. On top of that, there's still a used car inventory shortage and manufacturers still can't build them anywhere near the rate they were two years ago. All of that adds up to it still being the most seller dominate market we've ever seen and Tesla isn't immune to this. Quite the opposite in fact when you factor in the ongoing rising costs of gas and the latest price bumps on new ones don't help.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
I wouldn't be so sure of that especially considering the ongoing price hikes on new cars. The LR version of the Model S has seen like $10k in price increases over the last few months. Starts to make those "crazy" priced 100D's & 90D's with regular steering wheels look a little bit better. On top of that, there's still a used car inventory shortage and manufacturers still can't build them anywhere near the rate they were two years ago. All of that adds up to it still being the most seller dominate market we've ever seen and Tesla isn't immune to this. Quite the opposite in fact when you factor in the ongoing rising costs of gas and the latest price bumps on new ones don't help.
I was just browsing the listings and finding private party cars for sale (allegedly, I didn't call anyone) for under 30K, and that wasn't a thing two months ago. It's still crazy out there but I think the peak for the 2013-2014 Model S is behind us. In June I couldn't find any valid listings for any Model S for under 35K. Now I am seeing listings that are probably valid for under 30K again.

I wasn't browsing the newer ones before or now in any serious manner, but there are definitely more S's available now than there were in June.

Again it isn't normal for the Model S out there, but just a little less crazy. The rest of the car market is just nuts. My brother is a car sales guy and had a record income month in July. Dealers are cleaning up, and the manufacturers are getting killed on volume, but they are making more per car as they don't have to put on incentives to move them, so it isn't all bad for them.

So my assessment stands, if you can sell your current car for a high price, you will likely be able to buy a higher mile car for a reasonable price now or in the near future. In June I wouldn't have said that, because supply was almost nothing, so it would have been likely that you would have had to pay just as much or more to buy the replacement.