Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: 2016 MS “Unicorn”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all -

Currently have a 2016 MS 75 “Unicorn” black/black. Looking for a 2016 P100D or would consider a 100D black with white interior. Obviously as I’m looking for a “Unicorn” again, I want the facelift, AP2, and free supercharging. I know this is incredibly specific, but maybe there’s a slight chance someone who has one is willing to sell.
Thanks!

Hi all -

Currently have a 2016 MS 75 “Unicorn” black/black. Looking for a 2016 P100D or would consider a 100D black with white interior. Obviously as I’m looking for a “Unicorn” again, I want the facelift, AP2, and free supercharging. I know this is incredibly specific, but maybe there’s a slight chance someone who has one is willing to sell.
Thanks!
What exactly makes your car a "unicorn" that you want in your new car?

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
What exactly makes your car a "unicorn" that you want in your new car?
Sorry, I should have explained that more. There was a 4 month period (August - December 2016) were the face-lifted models, had AP2, and had lifetime supercharging. They are referred to as “unicorns.” I’m wanting to upgrade my range and performance, but keep the supercharging benefit.

Sorry, I should have explained that more. There was a 4 month period (August - December 2016) were the face-lifted models, had AP2, and had lifetime supercharging. They are referred to as “unicorns.” I’m wanting to upgrade my range and performance, but keep the supercharging benefit.

Actually, that label "unicorn" gets applied to lots of things by lots of people. So much so that it rarely even describes things that are an extreme rarity (it's initial intended use) anymore since it's been assigned to so many things. After all, if everything is a unicorn then nothing is a unicorn.

Story time: back when I had a GMC Typhoon they were commonly known to be produced in only a few colors. Some, more rare than others. Black on black made up the lion's share of them with a small percentage being anything else. There was a very few examples of ultra rare colors that were only on 2 or 3 vehicles. Ever. IMO those are unicorns. Not the hundreds that weren't black/black but the one or two ever made that were Radar Blue or Raspberry Metallic.

The term Unicorn should describe something that was so rare that if you saw one in real life it would be considered special. This idea that we call any old thing a "unicorn" these days kind of cheapens the word and what the intent behind using it was. Everyone wants their car to be a unicorn... just like the other tens of thousands made. lol

I would suggest just sticking to the specifics of what it is you're interested in and looking for rather than a term that can mean just about anything to just about anyone which can be rather vague. You're welcome to do whatever you want but I think you'll have better luck if you take the extra few seconds to describe in detail what it is you WTB.

Actually, that label "unicorn" gets applied to lots of things by lots of people. So much so that it rarely even describes things that are an extreme rarity (it's initial intended use) anymore since it's been assigned to so many things. After all, if everything is a unicorn then nothing is a unicorn.

Story time: back when I had a GMC Typhoon they were commonly known to be produced in only a few colors. Some, more rare than others. Black on black made up the lion's share of them with a small percentage being anything else. There was a very few examples of ultra rare colors that were only on 2 or 3 vehicles. Ever. IMO those are unicorns. Not the hundreds that weren't black/black but the one or two ever made that were Radar Blue or Raspberry Metallic.

The term Unicorn should describe something that was so rare that if you saw one in real life it would be considered special. This idea that we call any old thing a "unicorn" these days kind of cheapens the word and what the intent behind using it was. Everyone wants their car to be a unicorn... just like the other tens of thousands made. lol

I would suggest just sticking to the specifics of what it is you're interested in and looking for rather than a term that can mean just about anything to just about anyone which can be rather vague. You're welcome to do whatever you want but I think you'll have better luck if you take the extra few seconds to describe in detail what it is you WTB.
Yeah, I see you’ve commented on the use of this word in the past. Didn’t mean to set anyone off. I’ll refrain from using it on this site from now on.

I have a "unicorn" 2016 MS 60D, face-lifted, FUSC for life, plain white (not pearl), black cloth interior but with premium interior package(alcantara headliner, dash, leather door cards), coil springs, AP1, free lifetime premium connectivity package and a partridge in a pear tree. Delivered 9/20/2016. I believe AP2 cars started getting delivered in October of that year.

As @BrownOuttaSpec pointed out, there are also FUSC equipped 2019 pre-raven cars. Our Jun 10, 2019 delivery 2019 MX 100D has FUSC for life.

I have a "unicorn" 2016 MS 60D, face-lifted, FUSC for life, plain white (not pearl), black cloth interior but with premium interior package(alcantara headliner, dash, leather door cards), coil springs, AP1, free lifetime premium connectivity package and a partridge in a pear tree. Delivered 9/20/2016. I believe AP2 cars started getting delivered in October of that year.

As @BrownOuttaSpec pointed out, there are also FUSC equipped 2019 pre-raven cars. Our Jun 10, 2019 delivery 2019 MX 100D has FUSC for life.
I thought anything delivered after April 2017 did not have transferable supercharging. Am I mistaken?

I thought anything delivered after April 2017 did not have transferable supercharging. Am I mistaken?

I bought my 2016 used in 2019 from Tesla and the promo they had then was FUSC which was transferable and i believe all cars used cars they had for sale at the time had the same benefit. So if i had bought a 2018 from them it would have had FUSC transferable

You may be right @britishtex. Not sure if a private sale can carry it over.

Also, you can call it a double-rainbow-farting-unicorn for all I care - good luck with your search. Do what makes you happy!
Thanks! Also, just found this. I think it’s accurate.
84885175-EAB2-4461-AABF-DB4BC85C3CFF.jpeg

As is with anything Tesla, these types of things are all over the place. I can assure you that my 2019 MX100D has FUSC and not limited to 1,000 miles. We drove it last year from NY to Fremont Factory and various points in between for a total of over 7,500 miles round trip - all done with FUSC.

Once in a while, they will do a promo to help push sales towards the end of the quarter. When the Raven S & X came out in June of last year, the FUSC was discontinued, only to reappear again in Sep to help their Q3 push.

I'll be on the lookout when I'm browsing the inter webs and if I stumble upon one that matches your spec, I'd be sure to point it out. Cheers!