Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: 2021+ Model S Key Fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI the model 3/y key fob should work if you’re okay with a slight cosmetic difference (battery cover saying “TESLA” instead of “MODEL S”, and the coloring of the “window” outline being a little different). I just tested pairing an extra one to a refresh X and it works fine. In the X’s case the buttons to open up the falcon wing doors are obviously missing, but for the S that’s not a factor.

• Informative
Reactions: ferventcoder
Tesla always seems to be out of stock on the 2021+ Model S Key Fobs. Would love to purchase one or more of these.

I was able to buy one of these thanks to a TMC community member. I don't think I can close this thread, so I'll leave it up for others to jump in that might be looking for a Fob.

If you are curious why a Fob (when I have phone key):

1. Locking the car easily & explicitly while walking away (key card can do this at side door, and phone key can if you open the app - I could prolly even add a shortcut). Pushing in on the middle of the Fob can be done easily and without much thought or taking anything out of my pocket.
  2. Summon - I like to not hold down on a button for summon (which is the default setting), but I do not trust the phone and connectivity enough that it would stop on a dime if I needed it to. With the Fob it will and I trust that better.