Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB 7 Seat Tesla (S with RFS or X) must have FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Id say it depends on what you want to use it for. Ive had an MS with RFS for 4 years with 4 kids. I get nervous with the kids in the trunk. They are the safest seats in the car in a front end collision but the thought of getting rearended scares me. There is no AC flow to the trunk area so the kids get really hot in the summer. I have 2 kids who get car sick riding backward .

I bought it thinking it would be used more than our minivan for the go to family car but we normally default to the van. That said its been amazing having 2 cars we can all fit in. No musical carseats for varying schedules, hauling other kids, van getting serviced. None of the "you take that car i need the one the kids can fit in" when sorting family plans. Its been amazing for that.

If you are looking to use a 7 seater as a primary family hauler id strongly reccomend an X. If you want the extra seats for convience or for backup to your primary vehicle then the S has been perfect. We have done a phx to LA trip with all 6 of us in the S and it went fine...was able to store luggage stroller and whatnot OK so its definitable workable as the primary family hauler, but if i replace our odyssey with a tesla it will definitly be an X.

Reactions: KCapital
Thanks man that’s awesome! Elon posted that if you turn air circulation off it allows the air to flow out of the tail lights which in turn cools that section off. Have you ever tried that? Would you?

I hadnt heard that. Ill try it but the bigger issue i think is the opening over the back seat into the trunk area is very small, so there just isnt much space for air to flow back into the trunk. When we first got the car we used rechargable clip on fans for the kids which helped, but on warm sunny days they still complained quite a bit about being hot. We live in AZ so this time of year they are unusable except for very for short trips. There is a sunscreen that fits the hatch glass you can buy which helps.

Reactions: Gowenbw