TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB. Aluminum Pedals.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by petero, Mar 6, 2014.

1. petero

petero Member

I want to purchase a set of 3 Aluminum Pedal (Covers) for my Model S. I pay promptly.

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

You can buy them at your nearest service center. They will have to probably order them for you.

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Did yours come with a clutch??

4. petero

petero Member

Yo. I stand corrected, thank you. TM only offers two pedals, I was hoping they or an aftermarket company, offerred the foot rest too.

5. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Yes, Service Center will install the metal pedals, $250 for the pair. There was an Aluminum "dead pedal" at one point, but it must have been dropped. See the pic below, care of Newscutter. Service Center thought it might be a Founder's car, or possibly even an earlier prototype. The wood and/or stain is entirely different also, as is the Energy display.

DeadPedalAluminum.png

- - - Updated - - -

And yes I asked, the metal dead pedal is not in the parts database, and is not available!

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#6 ecarfan, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Anyone found any aftermarket aluminum pedals? Those pedals look pretty cool in that photo.

I am sure that soon there will be an aftermarket solution.

7. petero

petero Member

The first time I inquired from my local Service Center in January 14, they quoted me $650, yesterday I received a quote from another SC for $285 + sales tax. Hoping to find an aftermarket that offers all three, otherwise I will go for Tesla's.

8. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I double checked my service order, and it was 250 plus $15 installation. Well worth it, in my opinion. They look fantastic.

9. petero

petero Member

Jake. The wood trim, it looks like the old 'banana leaf' with darker and richer tones.