Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[WTB-AU] Anyones want to upgrade from a 2014 P85?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I know there is a separate WTB forum, but I was hoping to get the attention of an Australian Tesla owner through this community. Please move my post if it is not appropriate though!

The company I work for is very interested in adding a Tesla Model S to our fleet, preferably this year. I realise it is quite short notice for anyone to arrange a replacement however I wanted to put the call out there.

Hopefully there is someone with this vehicle that would be keen to upgrade (despite it being a bit soon...) to another colour, options configuration etc. We are located in Victoria, however could easily arrange to ship the vehicle inside Australia. This is a serious request, if a vehicle that meets our needs is available, we would hope to finalise the arrangements quickly.

Due to some fairly tight requirements regarding the car, we are limited to sourcing it second hand. The particular build we are after is as follows:
1) Tesla Model S P85
2) Build date 10/2014 (or at least last quarter of 2014)
3) Autopilot compatible (doesn't have to be enabled yet but should have video camera and radar hardware at the front of the vehicle)

The above requirements are essentially fixed, any other vehicle would not be suitable. All other options and colour specifications are completely free. If not interested, I would at least ask if you can tell me if your vehicle matches our needs just so we have an idea of how many are in the country. I have checked timpoo's owners list on this forum and I can see that there seem to be 7 members with a similar vehicle to our needs.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Adam
(humble Volt owner :p)

Hello Everyone,

I know there is a separate WTB forum, but I was hoping to get the attention of an Australian Tesla owner through this community. Please move my post if it is not appropriate though!

The company I work for is very interested in adding a Tesla Model S to our fleet, preferably this year. I realise it is quite short notice for anyone to arrange a replacement however I wanted to put the call out there.

Hopefully there is someone with this vehicle that would be keen to upgrade (despite it being a bit soon...) to another colour, options configuration etc. We are located in Victoria, however could easily arrange to ship the vehicle inside Australia. This is a serious request, if a vehicle that meets our needs is available, we would hope to finalise the arrangements quickly.

Due to some fairly tight requirements regarding the car, we are limited to sourcing it second hand. The particular build we are after is as follows:
1) Tesla Model S P85
3) Autopilot compatible (doesn't have to be enabled yet but should have video camera and radar hardware at the front of the vehicle)

The above requirements are essentially fixed, any other vehicle would not be suitable. All other options and colour specifications are completely free. If not interested, I would at least ask if you can tell me if your vehicle matches our needs just so we have an idea of how many are in the country. I have checked timpoo's owners list on this forum and I can see that there seem to be 7 members with a similar vehicle to our needs.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Adam
(humble Volt owner :p)
Your request sounds like you intend pulling apart a very specific model for some r&d......

1) Tesla Model S P85

The above requirements are essentially fixed, any other vehicle would not be suitable. All other options and colour specifications are completely free. If not interested, I would at least ask if you can tell me if your vehicle matches our needs just so we have an idea of how many are in the country.

I'm curious if a P85+ would meet your requirements (basically a P85 with upgraded suspension components and wider rear wheels/tyres)
And no I'm NOT looking to get rid of mine... :tongue:

Also FYI there's probably less than 20 cars in Australia that don't have the autopilot hardware. Every single customer delivered car has the hardware leaving only the demo cars that were brought in before the launch plus a handful of cars initially intended for Signature reservation holders that were ultimately used as service loan & demo cars instead (and later sold off in the second hand market)

thanks for the quick feedback guys!

I want to reassure some members that we do not plan to take a Model S off the road. The vehicle will be in and out of our workshop for a few months or so but the intention is that it is used for local marketing and promotional activities and as such will be driven around Melbourne and perhaps other Australian cities. It will NOT be significantly dismantled, stripped or parted out and will complement our vehicle fleet and business activities. In fact I doubt anyone other than devout Tesla fans would notice any change to the exterior.

Thanks also for the info regarding the autopilot availability in AU. We had noticed a number of P85+ vehicles without the hardware so I suppose these were demo or early Signature vehicles. A P85+ might be OK however due to possible variations we'd like to restrict the search to the P85 for the time being.

@MangroveMike, thanks and PM returned :)

Hey ECIT, I didn't say I would :) It's a strange situation, but I'm trying to help find a solution to a problem.

I don't think its as simple as something that is "too good to be true". I'm just trying to gauge what cars are out there and what kinds of prices people would feel happy with (if they'd even consider selling).

I really appreciate the interest and help from this forum. I hope everything goes ahead and I can share more later.

Toikey

How difficult can it be to give a good reason that makes sense? Buy a P85 new rather than paying someone the extra dollars for a P85 that that they would need to go a new one....you either are in need of an urgent purchase of a P85 or something doesn't sound right. If it is a urgent purchase then you've wasted a good 2+ weeks on what is only about a 3month order to delivery time at the moment (and an imminent price rise).

Give a good legit reason or this thread should be locked.

Simply makes no sense to me.

-SM

Sorry Gizmonty I think you've missed my point most likely to my poorly written explanation....why pay someone the $'s to buy a new P90 (which is what Toikey is alluding to in the OP) to buy their P85....why not just go buy a P90 direct from Tesla yourself....there are some demos for sale now? It's not like there is a huge difference between the two cars that a P90 would look out of place next to an existing P85 (again alluded to be the reason to needing a P85 in the OP).

Stinks of a bad fish shop to me.

-ECIT

Hey ECIT,

Sorry but I did not allude to that in the OP, I asked who would consider upgrading from a P85 and what kind of ballpark would be considered (if at all). I thought the reason was apparent from the preceding conversations.

The car is required for marketing and promotional activities and we need a high performance RWD. So buying a new P90D straight from Tesla isnt suitable. And as Gizmonty says you cant buy a P85 new anymore. Hence we are looking for used.

I'd like to reassure everyone that there is nothing fishy going on. The company I work for has a genuine need for this vehicle and the intention of this thread is to publicise this and hopefully attract some potential sellers. There is no other reason or hidden agenda.