TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WTB Blown Roadster UMC with 70 AMP cord/adapter

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by TOBASH, Nov 11, 2014.

1. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

My UMC from Juicebox is rated 80 amp but has a 50 amp cord.

I would like to replace with a Roadster cord. I would rather buy the blown UMC and remove the cord myself. That way I know everything I need is intact

Best,

T

2. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

A Roadster UMC only charges at 40 amps, so I'm not sure it'd be rated for 70 amps. The Roadster High Power Wall Charger cord is a beast at 70 amps, but those things are very robust and will probably last a very long time.

You can get one of these:CS-90 Tesla to J1772 Upgrade Kit | ClipperCreek Vehicle Charging Station and just use that with Henry's CAN.