Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Canadian model S p85 or p85+.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Transport Canada is the autority that give you the final approval. When I talked to them they say that I need to get a letter from Tesla US saying that they meet all canadian requirement for the car I want to import ( VIN of the car must be specified in the letter).

I know there is some minor differences between Canadian and US cars ( red buckle for the safety belt in Canada is one of them) si I think you will have to get this completed in order to get the final approval.

Unfortunatly, In order to protect their prices and sales in Canada, I suspect than Tesla will not give us a good help on that one.

Let us know if you go further on that way

Your best bet for a discount is to purchase one of the service loaners. Eventually there will be more used Canadian Model S's on the market but it might take another year or so.

In the meantime unfortunately you can't import a US Model S without having Tesla do the mods and certifying the car with Transport Canada.

Found out yesterday the policy on service loaners/inventory cars. 1% off per month, 50 cents per Kms. Most inventory/loaners are 2 months old, with under 300 Kms. That means $2500 off. Peanuts compared to south of the boarder. Not very enticing.

Just found a demo at the a Toronto store with 2000 Kms but they say it is not eligible for the $8500 Ontario rebate because it has over 2000 Kms. Is this true? Seems odd.

also just saw first used P85 for sale in Quebec but seems overpriced at $120,000.

Just found a demo at the a Toronto store with 2000 Kms but they say it is not eligible for the $8500 Ontario rebate because it has over 2000 Kms. Is this true? Seems odd.

Those are the rules. They increased the Km eligible for the rebate to account for demo cars, but it is not supposed to cover used cars.

- - - Updated - - -

I was under the impression there were a few cars available to purchase immediately in Toronto? Perhaps none with your options?

C'mon Canadians! Americans are giving away free money! P85 and p85+ in the $90k range. C'mon Canadians! We're not going to let these Americans beat us are we? Someone sell me their p85 in the $90k's. Let get it on! Lol:)

Last edited: