Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: CHAdeMO adapter in the PNW area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all,

I'll (presumably) be taking possession of my Model S this afternoon (2012, Signature Red, white interior, FWIW), but I have nowhere to plug in at places where I regularly spend an extended amount of time; thus, I was intending to rely upon DCFC stations until the new Superchargers get installed in Portland and Tigard. However, I've only just recently become aware of the relative scarcity of CHAdeMO adapters — I didn't realize how backordered they were (my fault for not doing the research); thus, I'm in a bit of a pickle — looking at the prospect of driving an hour (round trip, plus the charge time itself) down to Woodburn every time I need to charge up, or limping by on L2 chargers at every possible stop… obviously, neither are particularly ideal.

I'm hoping there's someone local who has a CHAdeMO adapter with which they're willing to part, or at the very least loan out until my order gets processed. I'm willing to drive to pick it up — in fact I had planned to head up to Seattle this coming Thursday to see Dunkirk in LIserMAX (last day, don't miss it), so if anyone's in that region or on the way, that'd be perfect. Otherwise, I'm willing to pay shipping as long as it's not unreasonable.

TIA.

Thanks guys, and sorry for not posting sooner, but turns out they're not as backordered as I was led to believe — my adapter arrived out of the blue last Thursday (no shipping notification or anything, just… there it was). Definitely comes in handy when I've got an hour to kill downtown, and it's nearly as fast as Supercharging — as it seems my battery is one of the crippled ones. :-\

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy
Greetings all,

I'll (presumably) be taking possession of my Model S this afternoon (2012, Signature Red, white interior, FWIW), but I have nowhere to plug in at places where I regularly spend an extended amount of time; thus, I was intending to rely upon DCFC stations until the new Superchargers get installed in Portland and Tigard. However, I've only just recently become aware of the relative scarcity of CHAdeMO adapters — I didn't realize how backordered they were (my fault for not doing the research); thus, I'm in a bit of a pickle — looking at the prospect of driving an hour (round trip, plus the charge time itself) down to Woodburn every time I need to charge up, or limping by on L2 chargers at every possible stop… obviously, neither are particularly ideal.

I'm hoping there's someone local who has a CHAdeMO adapter with which they're willing to part, or at the very least loan out until my order gets processed. I'm willing to drive to pick it up — in fact I had planned to head up to Seattle this coming Thursday to see Dunkirk in LIserMAX (last day, don't miss it), so if anyone's in that region or on the way, that'd be perfect. Otherwise, I'm willing to pay shipping as long as it's not unreasonable.

TIA.
Have you downloaded the PlugShare and chargepoint apps? (Assume You have iPhone/iPad or android)
There is a CHAdeMO at Fred Meyer. Check it as the Fred Meyer off Cornelius Pass has two dead Blink charge stations. The CHADeMO in Banks or downtown Hillsboro are the closest CHADEMO to me.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.PNG
    IMG_2719.PNG
    5.3 MB · Views: 33
Have you downloaded the PlugShare and chargepoint apps? (Assume You have iPhone/iPad or android)
That I have — they've been quite valuable; lot of crappy plugs through which to sort, but I've made my way.

There is a CHAdeMO at Fred Meyer. Check it as the Fred Meyer off Cornelius Pass has two dead Blink charge stations. The CHADeMO in Banks or downtown Hillsboro are the closest CHADEMO to me.
Yeah, I live near the Tigard Fred Meyer, its Blink station is frequently offline as well. It hardly matters, though — at $.59/kWh ($.49 for members), assuming I can average 3 mi/kWh in this thing, that's equivalent in price to ~12(-15) MPG in an ICE; hardly worthwhile. I'm getting by with the Greenlots plugs downtown on "Electric Avenue" (SW Salmon St. between 1st and 2nd, in front of the World Trade Center) — which are free for the summer, and maybe the one at the Beaverton Kia (haven't tested it yet); other than that, those Superchargers can't come soon enough.

Reactions: Rossy