Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB - charge port assy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wanted, charge port assy for my 2012 'S'. Assy PN = 1005612-00-K, RWD vehicles. OK to use rev. G or newer. All North America vehicles manufactured BEFORE August 21st, 2015. perfer entire assy which includes 1) charge port base, 2) transition guide/slide with LEDs, 3) port door with outer reflector. pls contact steve ([email protected] or 970.845.eight eight six six.) thx, steve

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 121
Resurrecting the old tread since I am looking for charge port parts too. I emailed Tesla for a quote but I do not expect a favorable quick response.

I bought a 2014 used Model S and I did not see the large cracks on the charge port trim under the port cover. After charging heavy rain the door stopped working and I suspect water damaged the electronics in the charge port. The car still charges fine, after forcing the port open.

Looking for the following parts:
1005613-00-E; TRIM - ASY - INLET - EV
1017900-00-A; SILICONE FOAM GASKET - 109.5MM X 73MM X 1.15MM THICK
1005612-00-K; CHARGE PORT ASSEMBLY
1020288-00-A; TOOL, INSTALLATION, EV INLET, MDLS

Thank you.

Resurrecting the old tread since I am looking for charge port parts too. I emailed Tesla for a quote but I do not expect a favorable quick response.

I bought a 2014 used Model S and I did not see the large cracks on the charge port trim under the port cover. After charging heavy rain the door stopped working and I suspect water damaged the electronics in the charge port. The car still charges fine, after forcing the port open.

Looking for the following parts:
1005613-00-E; TRIM - ASY - INLET - EV
1017900-00-A; SILICONE FOAM GASKET - 109.5MM X 73MM X 1.15MM THICK
1005612-00-K; CHARGE PORT ASSEMBLY
1020288-00-A; TOOL, INSTALLATION, EV INLET, MDLS

Thank you.
Is yours motorized? If not you can get by with the charge port door and the inlet trim that has the LED ring in it.

Is yours motorized? If not you can get by with the charge port door and the inlet trim that has the LED ring in it.

It is not motorized. But replacing just the inlet trim will not fix the charge port door not opening. But I see your point, a crack in the trim should not allow the water to get in the charge port assembly. Other info: I still have the old TPMS ECU and after the heavy rain I had some TPMS ECU errors and the charge port door not opening. There was also a software update around that time (not V10). Could that old TPMS ECU cause communication issues now allowing the door to open? Unlikely since I did not see any other errors and the charge port locks/unlocks just fine.

Likely unrelated. The old TPMS system was quite unreliable. Does it only act up under heavy rain? The old module is low on the car in the back so if you drove through some deep water it could have gotten it submerged. Also could just be a sensor failing.

I was mentioning the inlet trim because of the cracks in it. Agree it wouldn't cause the charge port door to malfunction. When you replace the charge port door make sure that drain on the bottom isn't clogged. They get filled with debris easily.

When you replace the charge port door make sure that drain on the bottom isn't clogged. They get filled with debris easily.

Thank you for the tip on the drain.

I wish I understand how the the port works. I tried put some aluminum foil on the magnet on the door so I do not have to force open that hard. But the car thought the door is always open. I expected that the close position is triggered by the contact between the outer and inner cylinders of the electromagnet. My old port is 1005612-00-G. I see 1005612-00-K on eBay but the trim seems different. It looks like Tesla only has the 1005612-00-K on the parts list so expect it will fit.

I have an service appointment next week, I am just not ready to hear $900 for the repair.

After replacing the trim the port still does not open. I kind of expected that but I was hoping it will fix the problem. I decided to dig into the problem and measured the voltage to the electromagnet and there was no voltage when the open port was sent. I took the charge port apart and it clearly shows that there was water in there. About 3/8". There is no drain. I cleaned as good as I cold with a plastic brush and put it back. Still does not work. I need a charge port. Too bad Tesla would not sell me a new one. I will cancel the appointment and start looking on eBay. I still do not know how the water got in there.

Attachments

• 20191005_101707.jpg
    20191005_101707.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 72
I was able to buy a used charge port on eBAY. After the installation the car does not drive or charge since the port has an older software. But the port door does open just fine. I will need to force firmware deployment, but I am at the limit with how much fun I have dealing with this issue.

Software factory-deploy done successfully, car charging happily at 40A. The port works fine. I now have an extra port trim since the new port came with a trim.
Resurrecting this thread again in the hopes that someone can help me figure out how to go about getting a firmware deployed and staged so I can replace the charge port on my 2013 P85. I have the new charge port assembly coming from eBay this Saturday and the hardware swap seems pretty straightforward. My only problem is getting the firmware staged and ready to deploy once the working part has been swapped in. Please, any advice from the experts here?

I am not an expert. I was told that the easiest way is to wait until you see a new software update download coming. Don't update until after you replace the port. The software update should do the firmware deployment, and hopefully include the charge port.