Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

WTB Gen 1 mobile charger in SoCal

MXWing

Supporting Member
Oct 13, 2016
USA
What won’t work? the gen 1 charger? that doesn’t make sense. plus the older vehicles like my 2015 model s originally came with a gen 1 charger and can take advantage of the 40a charge.

A new onboard car charger might not work.

My 2016 Model X had its charger replaced earlier this year.

My gen 1 charger stopped working with it. When I took to Tesla they used another gen 1 charger and was able to reproduce the issue.

A new onboard car charger might not work.

My 2016 Model X had its charger replaced earlier this year.

My gen 1 charger stopped working with it. When I took to Tesla they used another gen 1 charger and was able to reproduce the issue.

wow thanks for the heads up i’ve never heard of that issue! i’m really hoping i don’t have that problem because i would really like to take advantage of the 25% faster charge rate so i can fully charge during super off peak pricing hours. right now a hpwc isn’t an option in my condo complex

wow thanks for the heads up i’ve never heard of that issue! i’m really hoping i don’t have that problem because i would really like to take advantage of the 25% faster charge rate so i can fully charge during super off peak pricing hours. right now a hpwc isn’t an option in my condo complex

Just got the gen 1 charger and it works great! your car might have had a defective charge port since 2 chargers had the same problem

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC