Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Gen 1 UMC 14-50 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gen 1s are kinda crap. After the second one melted I gave up on them. It's ok if you're not pulling many amps but if that's the goal Gen 2s are better.
Really? Two? Wow, that's crazy. I've been using the same gen1 14-50 adapter for years now to charge several Model S cars w/o issue. I know you understand electricity so I won't even suggest checking your outlet wiring to see if there's some resistance near the adapter causing issues because that's the first thing I would suspect given my positive experience with the same style adapter.

Reactions: AutobahnEV
Really? Two? Wow, that's crazy. I've been using the same gen1 14-50 adapter for years now to charge several Model S cars w/o issue. I know you understand electricity so I won't even suggest checking your outlet wiring to see if there's some resistance near the adapter causing issues because that's the first thing I would suspect given my positive experience with the same style adapter.

It wasn't the outlet. The inside of the UMC melted. Outlet was fine.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 4.51.26 PM.png