TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB: "Good" used Roadster ESS

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by EVsport, Feb 26, 2013.

1. EVsport

EVsport Member

#1 EVsport, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Tesla8.JPG I'm in the final stage of rebuilding 681, we need a Battery. I have my quote from TM, but would like to find a good used replacement if possible. If you know someone or have info about a wrecked Roadster with a good ESS, forward me the info and help us get this Roadster back on the road.

A respectable finder's fee will be provided at the completion of the sale.

Thanks, Kevin

2. GSP

GSP Member

3. EVsport

EVsport Member

Thanks for the recommendation GSP, Kit Rodden from Battery M.D. contacted me and said they do work on electric vehicals but Tesla will not cooporate with them so they have not repaired an ESS.

Kevin

4. kjm

kjm Member

That's not very nice, an ESS with the newer Panasonics would be a range improver. Maybe Tesla should pick up that early Google line, "don't be evil"? Interested in your experience repairing a roadster Kev, have you got a blog on your trials & tribulations online anywhere?

5. EVsport

EVsport Member

sorry, no blog. The next step is to replace the battery and dive into any electical problems that may pop up. We're hoping for the best but, can only check so many components without the ESS.