Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: High Mileage S or X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time I have ever seen anyone have a minimum mileage requirement.

Also AP2 came out end of 2016, so you'll typically only find it on 2017-2018 models. It is pretty rare to find a 2017+ Model X with >50k miles already. Even if you do find one, very unlikely the owner will discount it much for the high mileage (maybe $2-4k at best). You are better off just listing your price limit and not a mileage minimum.

This is the only one Ive ever seen that matches your criteria.
Model X / 2017 / Pearl White - 18910 | Only Used Tesla

upload_2019-7-19_7-32-58.png

Those are similar units to mine. Mine has FSD, as well as the air suspension, PUP, Ultra HIFI, and Subzero. I'd say $66,000.

Those are similar units to mine. Mine has FSD, as well as the air suspension, PUP, Ultra HIFI, and Subzero. I'd say $66,000.
Those include an 4yr/50k mile warranty and are still not selling... for a reason.

You can get a brand new Long Range (100D) Model S with better Rev E battery, active suspension, HW3.0 and no miles for $78k. You are proposing a 15% discount for 2 years older, 60k miles, expired warranty, 20% less range, old suspension, older generation battery, and older AP hardware. Plus your tires likely need to be replaced soon. But Good Luck With Your Sale.

Those include an 4yr/50k mile warranty and are still not selling... for a reason.

You can get a brand new Long Range (100D) Model S with better Rev E battery, active suspension, HW3.0 and no miles for $78k. You are proposing a 15% discount for 2 years older, 60k miles, expired warranty, 20% less range, old suspension, older generation battery, and older AP hardware. Plus your tires likely need to be replaced soon. But Good Luck With Your Sale.

No need to badger there, chief. You need to pay some better attention - those are already sold units, not "for sale". Plus, my vehicle is NOT for sale - if you read above, I responded to a WTB ad looking for a vehicle that fit my description, and I would be willing to sell mine at what looks to me to be a justified and fair price.

If you don't have anything nice to say, or add to the conversation, go ahead and keep moving along rather than exposing your ignorance for all to chuckle at.

Oh, and FYI, my tires are around 50% life. I have the Pirelli Cinturato's on it.

No need to badger there, chief. You need to pay some better attention - those are already sold units, not "for sale". Plus, my vehicle is NOT for sale - if you read above, I responded to a WTB ad looking for a vehicle that fit my description, and I would be willing to sell mine at what looks to me to be a justified and fair price.

If you don't have anything nice to say, or add to the conversation, go ahead and keep moving along rather than exposing your ignorance for all to chuckle at.

Oh, and FYI, my tires are around 50% life. I have the Pirelli Cinturato's on it.
Can't pay attention to information that isn't there to begin with kiddo.

You are more than welcome to ask whatever you want for your car, regardless of market values. There are other people who literally as more for their used car, than a brand new one sells for. Your car, your ask.

But I did add to the conversation, by showing a qualitative comparison of your car to a brand new car. If you really think your 2 year old, high mileage car, with old battery, lower range, older tires, cheaper suspension, is really worth 12k less than a brand new improved model, that is your prerogative. All you need to do is convince one single buyer to agree with you.

Reactions: morbidz and mjptech

You are more than welcome to ask whatever you want for your car, regardless of market values. There are other people who literally as more for their used car, than a brand new one sells for. Your car, your ask.

But I did add to the conversation, by showing a qualitative comparison of your car to a brand new car. If you really think your 2 year old, high mileage car, with old battery, lower range, older tires, cheaper suspension, is really worth 12k less than a brand new improved model, that is your prerogative. All you need to do is convince one single buyer to agree with you.

I'm offering the fellow what he asked for. If he wants to pay it, we both win.

I'd love to see your used market pricing....

I'm offering the fellow what he asked for. If he wants to pay it, we both win.

I'd love to see your used market pricing....
Well at least one of you would win.

Used market pricing is pretty simple. Just like any other car, you take the price of a new car then you subtract 20-25% depreciation for first year and 15% depreciation for each year after. It will give you a ballpark figure, then you adjust up or down 5-10% based on mileage & condition.

Mr. Brown, I think I speak for the majority of the people that follow this site. You are a difficult human being. Not sure if you have to much time on your hands or just think you are a know it all but you seem to have an opinion on everyone’s posts. Why don’t you go set up your own website with all of your knowledge. You talk as if you think everyone is not as intelligent about Tesla’s as you are, this is far from the truth. You really need a life or to get laid, one of the two. Ok, I’m done and I’m sure there will be plenty of feedback. Have a nice day everyone.

Mr. Brown, I think I speak for the majority of the people that follow this site. You are a difficult human being. Not sure if you have to much time on your hands or just think you are a know it all but you seem to have an opinion on everyone’s posts. Why don’t you go set up your own website with all of your knowledge. You talk as if you think everyone is not as intelligent about Tesla’s as you are, this is far from the truth. You really need a life or to get laid, one of the two. Ok, I’m done and I’m sure there will be plenty of feedback. Have a nice day everyone.
I am sure the people trying to sell their car for 20-50% over market value do find me difficult. According to my profile page, I have received 299 positive comment ratings and only 32 negative. It would seem that the majority of people on this forum disagree with your assessment. You seem to be unable to debate my comments on a factual level and instead resort to ad hominem attacks. Grow up.

(PS James Brown was the Godfather of Soul. I am not Mr. Brown)

• Disagree
Reactions: gnxs and morbidz
Well at least one of you would win.

Used market pricing is pretty simple. Just like any other car, you take the price of a new car then you subtract 20-25% depreciation for first year and 15% depreciation for each year after. It will give you a ballpark figure, then you adjust up or down 5-10% based on mileage & condition.

Clearly you know absolutely nothing about economics.

I have no idea why @bmah seems to be overly sensitive about "snippiness" in many other sections of this website, but completely fails to notice in the buy/sell/trade section there are constant attempts to badger and derail buyers and sellers by certain people. To me that is a much bigger issue when it comes to positive discourse than people getting snippy with others.

I have no idea why @bmah seems to be overly sensitive about "snippiness" in many other sections of this website, but completely fails to notice in the buy/sell/trade section there are constant attempts to badger and derail buyers and sellers by certain people. To me that is a much bigger issue when it comes to positive discourse than people getting snippy with others.
How exactly is comparing the price & features of your car to a brand new one considered "badgering"? Was anything I said factually incorrect?

You are perfectly free to ask whatever you want for your 2 year old, high milage, older suspension, older HW, lower range used car. Tesla is also free to list their brand new improved cars at whatever price they see fit. I don't see how it's my fault for pointing out that those two prices are very close to each other.

Please educate me in the world of Tesla economics. I would love to hear an explanation on why your special high mileage car only depreciates 7% a year.
JamesBrown is one of those people you meet at a social gathering and within a couple minutes you say to yourself “get me away from this person’. Mr. I know everything about everything. Before you respond Brown, I know you still don’t get what I’m saying.............

JamesBrown is one of those people you meet at a social gathering and within a couple minutes you say to yourself “get me away from this person’. Mr. I know everything about everything. Before you respond Brown, I know you still don’t get what I’m saying.............
Speaking of not responding, I see you conviently dodged both previous questions. You continue to attack me personally in every post, but refuse to have a logical fact based debate.