Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB HPWC Gene 24'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like title says looking for good working Gen2 24' HPWC, don't need signature or any of that extra hoopla unless price is like normal (I know it won't be so don't waste our time).
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but ANY Gen 2 HPWC won't be a "normal" price these days.

In case you didn't know, they discontinued manufacturing the Gen 2 HPWC so any that remain out there are climbing in value. I haven't really seen that the signature version is increasing any quicker in value and it seems like they're both more similar in price now than they were when they were still making the gloss black & silver version. The only downside is that this similar price you're going to find will be will above retail and climbing by the day at this point. I've seen a couple in the marketplace here still at pretty good prices so rather than posting that you're looking I'd recommend being proactive and combing (search the terms "HPWC" "wall" and "connector" for the best luck) the Tesla Parts for Sale subforum before those are snapped up.

If you don't need the potentially faster charge rates of the Gen 2 (like those found in rarer Model S/X with the "high speed" option) the slightly longer cable or the differences in wiring I'd say to check out a Gen 3 for an easier, cleaner look at a lower price tag. Just something to ponder in case you aren't aware that not all cars charge faster just with a Gen 2 HPWC.

Best of luck.

Thanks I'm aware. I would get a Gen3 but need a little longer than 18' unfortunately looking to use for our two cars. I've seen them go from 440-700 on Fleabay thought I would check here to see if anyone was sane. Worse case I'll just get Gen3 and rewire... Was trying to avoid that.