Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: in Austin, TX < $50k - that benefits from owner to owner transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly every Tesla owner wants too much for their used car and I get it, who wouldn't. But I am looking for the owner who wants to get more than trade-in or CarMax / Carvana and doesn't want to strip their previous Tesla of the Supercharging for life etc. Honestly buying new from Tesla or their own pre-owned is the way to go price wise; except you don't get fusc anymore!

If you are selling something for < $50k (prefer older MS) and it still has Free Lifetime Supercharging or other perks that you only get owner to owner; then I am interested.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Just to get the option for road tripping for free; saying it’s overrated?

There certainly is value in unlimited free supercharging. But any car with that feature that the owner is willing to sell for less than $50k probably is a worn out car or very slow charging and wouldn't be an enjoyable experience.

I'm also not sure you're going to find it anyway. Tesla vehicles are valued pretty high right now. And gas prices are expected to bounce back up, driving up the value/price of EVs again.

Unless you use supercharging as your only source, free supercharging is way overrated in value. Every year I drive a 1,600 mile round trip and I take long enough trips once a month or so where I need to use supercharging. Other than that, I charge at home. YMMV but for me, on my typical monthly trip, supercharging costs me about $5-$7. Every Thanksgiving, I drive to Phoenix to see my mom (trip is about 1,600 round trip); I stop 10 times to charge in total...rough average of $10-$20 per session so let's say $200. Basically, $250-$300/year for supercharging. The car will wear out before the amount of free supercharging makes a difference. I'd be spending at least double in gas so my real savings are half that amount...making the effect even less.

Reactions: wegortw
Overrated or not, these days FUSC is more valuable than ever due to higher gas prices and increased supercharger availability. Far more valuable than when the FUSC perk was being offered. I took a 5k road trip this summer with gas at $5-$6 a gallon and supercharger rates climbing, all for free. The first 2 1/2 years I had my MS there were no superchargers near me, now there are two V3 banks so close and conveniently located that I do about half my charging at them.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Overrated or not, these days FUSC is more valuable than ever due to higher gas prices and increased supercharger availability. Far more valuable than when the FUSC perk was being offered. I took a 5k road trip this summer with gas at $5-$6 a gallon and supercharger rates climbing, all for free. The first 2 1/2 years I had my MS there were no superchargers near me, now there are two V3 banks so close and conveniently located that I do about half my charging at them.

Will you sell me your car for less than $50k?

Ended up buying a new 2023 M3 in the last week of 2022

WooHoo!

Attachments

• CFFFF392-C16D-4248-99CA-D0AF4B8A2398.jpeg
    CFFFF392-C16D-4248-99CA-D0AF4B8A2398.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 56