Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: Model 3 Performance suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just swapped mine out last month if you're interested. 2020 model with around 28,000 miles at the time.
In contemplating (eventually) replacing my 2018 Model 3 AWD, I've thought about two different scenarios: 1) another new AWD w/ the performance boost and aftermarket (MPP) coilovers & probably aftermarket wheels 2) or the performance model (but replacing the heavy and IMO harsh 20" wheels).

But seeing posts like yours where folks have swapped out the performance suspension for something aftermarket makes me wonder if it'd be adequate for my desires. Would you mind commenting on why you upgraded from the OEM performance suspension?

Apologies if this strays too far off topic from "parts for sale..."

Aside from riding lower, how would you characterize the ride difference between AWD and the performance suspension? I'm particularly interested in reducing body roll whilst maintaining some semblance of smooth ride.
I wanted a more adjustable system with a lower ride height & less body roll. If you're only interested in reducing body roll, you can replace the sway bars (I did the Eibach kit) and you'll get that for ~$400 while maintaining the stock ride quality. Coilovers can/will change the ride height/sensitivity to road surface. The setup and/or settings you choose (adjustable/sport/comfort) will determine ride quality.

Reactions: blecchus_rex