Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB Model S 70 or above

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

My first post here. Been in the market for a while, and was interested in the base Model 3 (put down an initial deposit), but the lack of a hatch just wasn't going to cut it for me. So a used Model S it is! So, I only have a couple specific must-haves - Multipattern Black Seats, Pano Roof, & AP1. Holler if anyone's got something for me. Been lurking EV-CPO for a while now, but I'm in FL, and most matching inventory is out in California... Willing to drive for a deal if in South or East Coast USA. Thanks for reading!

-Kyle

Hello all,

My first post here. Been in the market for a while, and was interested in the base Model 3 (put down an initial deposit), but the lack of a hatch just wasn't going to cut it for me. So a used Model S it is! So, I only have a couple specific must-haves - Multipattern Black Seats, Pano Roof, & AP1. Holler if anyone's got something for me. Been lurking EV-CPO for a while now, but I'm in FL, and most matching inventory is out in California... Willing to drive for a deal if in South or East Coast USA. Thanks for reading!

-Kyle
I don't believe I've ever seen anyone list multipattern black seats as a "must have" so I feel compelled to ask... why?

I am looking to sell my car. Let me know if you are interested

Model S 60D
Miles: 14K
Under Warranty till 2010. Batteries have warranty till 2024
Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Slipstream Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood décor
Black Headliner
Unlimited Lifetime Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot 1
Parked in covered/indoor garage
New Jersey

Thanks for the reply. I might consider it if it was priced in the mid-30s; I'm betting you're trying to get more than that based on year/mileage.
I think you're going to be hard pressed to find a car that meets those requirements in that price range based on market values. For instance, I've got a 2013 Model S 60 kWh for sale (listing here: Click Me) for $34,999 that is Gray/Black, Tech Package, SAS, Dual Chargers, 21" Turbines & CPO'd w/85k miles. That feels like a solid price for the current market too.

Right now, there's about a dozen mid/low 30k priced "CPO" Model S's equipped w/AP1 and pano roofs . Also a couple 85's on there w/fewer miles/same specs priced less than your listing. Just a head's up, GLWS.
I count a total of four that meet your specified criteria and less than the listed price on my car. Of that, only two of them have SAS and all of which are tan interior. Yuck. It should also be noted that none of the above are 85's either. Three 60's and a 70 so I'm happy with the list price on mine given the options and color combo. Those are also not Certified Pre-Owned as Tesla officially abandoned that program months ago. Also, we've seen the condition some of these used Teslas can be in when viewed in person & this one is better plus no waiting weeks/months to take delivery or even view. Given Tesla's track record on selling used cars there are many, many, MANY not interested in buying from them anymore for various reasons and this has been reflected in the prices of used cars lately. Rightly so.

The car I'm selling is basically the best of both worlds where I've already inspected and gone through it to make sure it's not one of the clapped out turds they're selling and comes from a time when they still CPO'd cars and this CPO warranty transfers to the new owner for free. To some, this has value. Others will roll the dice to save a few hundred bucks. The point of posting up my listing was to show you what "mid 30's" buy in terms of Tesla Model S. Some are more. Some are less. Overall though the car with the options you want

I've seen used P85D's for mid $40k's and P90DL's for around $50k and all of which had HUGE issues that most buyers wouldn't have found. They sure cleaned up nice for the lot though.

I still think what you're looking for is going to run $5-10k more than your budget in good condition with reasonable miles. I'd say $40k would be a reasonable ballpark to expect to pay as you may be pretty disappointed with what you end up with with those features for $35k.