Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: Model S 85D or 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the response but dual motor is a "must have"

I'm wondering, is that just because you're in Minnesota with snow? Or is there another reason?

If you would accept a 70D, there is one at Tampahybrids with AP1 at $39995. OK, not much under $40K. Probably too far from MN though. Todd, the guy at Tampahybrids is a great guy, honest, and well-known in the Prius community.

I've considered this one actually, but I've felt that the dual motor adds to the price, is a major added expense if one or both breaks down, but I can't really see the huge benefit, so maybe tnixa or somebody else can add information.

I'm wondering, is that just because you're in Minnesota with snow? Or is there another reason?

If you would accept a 70D, there is one at Tampahybrids with AP1 at $39995. OK, not much under $40K. Probably too far from MN though. Todd, the guy at Tampahybrids is a great guy, honest, and well-known in the Prius community.

I've considered this one actually, but I've felt that the dual motor adds to the price, is a major added expense if one or both breaks down, but I can't really see the huge benefit, so maybe tnixa or somebody else can add information.

The car is for my wife and she is used to AWD BWMs and doesn't think she would be comfortable with RWD. She also commutes a few times a month and a 70D would be cutting it too close so we would like to get an 85D or 90D.