TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB - Model S Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by pete8314, Dec 16, 2012.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

After much angst I've just finalized on a non-performance 85Kwh Model S, but I do like the CF spoiler. Is anyone out there buying a P85, but not wanting the spoiler, able to add it to their spec? I understand from some threads you're able to specify it's not attached at delivery.

I've no idea what a fair price would be, but I'd be happy to agree a price before you finalize your order. Please PM me if this is of interest.

2. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Adding myself to the list.
    If someone wants to sell, I'll buy join in.

I'll wait In queue though, untill thread starter has agreed on a deal for his own.

_____
    Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

3. Letrit

Letrit (Southern for Electric)

Me too. I've searched custom spoilers online but nothing looks at all like the factory design. Maybe someone will make an aftermarket product. There might be a lot of interest.

4. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I've asked my rep @ Tesla about the spoiler as well, seem like a fairly obvious earner for them if they make it available to purchase from their accessories site.

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I thought there was some discussion that the spoiler could negatively impact range. If it does, is it still something you want?

6. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Even if that doesn't bother you, I'd still wait to see the car before you buy the spoiler. I don't miss the spoiler on my non-perf at all...in fact I think I prefer the smother streamlined design. The whole car has soft edges everywhere and adding that one sharp edge of the spoiler would ruin that for me.

7. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Doesn't bother me. I've got the 19" wheels coming on mine, so I suspect the range benefit of those over the 21's offset's the spoiler, and even if it didn't, I'd still sacrifice a few miles of range for the looks of the spoiler.

8. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

I just had my spoiler installed last week after having the car for about a month. The car is red so the spoiler's look is a little more subdued than on a white or silver car. I figure I can have it taken off if I decide I don't like it, but at this point I think it improves the look.

9. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Yes, i'd still want it.

_____
    Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

10. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Bump, since there's a new thread about WTB a spoiler...

11. 4sevens.com

4sevens.com Member

My S didn't come with the spoiler installed... it's coming in next week or soon... I may be up for selling it (new and uninstalled)... what's tesla charging for it? Market price?

12. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I'm certainly still interested, but I've no idea on market price (happy for others to chime in).

13. dlohreb

dlohreb Member

Let's make it interesting. Ebay auction!

14. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

I recently purchased one from a member who did not put it on his S. For comparison, we compared it to the performance spoiler in CF that BMW offers for the 1 series. Being very open to everyone, I paid $500 for mine, which was in line with the final price that I could pick up the BMW Performance CF spoiler with discounts.

15. highedu

highedu Member

I'd be interested in purchasing, let me know.

16. 4sevens.com

4sevens.com Member

I was just told by a tesla agent that the retail on the piece is 699.
    Since it's brand new and never installed AND it's not even available from Tesla (backordered), I'm going to offer it up for exactly retail plus shipping.
    I'll be posting up a new forsale thread if any of you aren't interested.

thanks!
    -D

17. MATTEmarc

MATTEmarc Member

spoiler market price

I spoke to Tesla service yesterday (they seem to know the most) and they are doing research for me. I can ask him to give me a price. I will be glad coming up with a price that you think is fair also.