Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB Model S P85DL or P90DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for:
Almost every option available at time of original purchase
Next-Gen seats
Low mileage (less than 40k miles)
Plus Suspension if a P85D
V2 or V3 battery pack if P90D
Any exterior color except Solid white or Silver metallic (Gray Metallic is fine)
Any interior color is fine but prefer Black or gray
1 accident or less
2 owners or less
Warranty is preferred but not needed

Looking to spend less than $50,000 but my offer for each car will vary based on model, miles, options etc.
I am a "Cash" buyer
I live in Southeast Michigan but I would be willing to fly to you and drive back home
Also I can only purchase during or after the weekend of 5/25/2019

Please include the original window sticker or options list in your message if you have it. Also include your cell phone number.

I'm afraid Tesla themselves may offer a better trade-in on a car matching your description.

As an example I have a P90DL with 54,500 miles and a V1 battery. They are offering me $52,500 and the offer is fixed for 3 months with future miles taken into consideration.

After Teslas amazing autonomy day presentation, recent enhancements to S and X, and free Ludicrous, trading up is, well, inevitable.

Alex

I'm afraid Tesla themselves may offer a better trade-in on a car matching your description.

As an example I have a P90DL with 54,500 miles and a V1 battery. They are offering me $52,500 and the offer is fixed for 3 months with future miles taken into consideration.

After Teslas amazing autonomy day presentation, recent enhancements to S and X, and free Ludicrous, trading up is, well, inevitable.

Alex

I’m Mainly looking a P85DL just threw in P90DL in case someone didn’t get a good offer from Tesla. There have been several P85DL’s sold recently matching my description but due to constraints of me not being in the country currently, I haven’t been able to buy one. That’s an amazing offer Tesla’s given you considering there is a P90DL with 51k miles for $57,300 on their website.

I’m Mainly looking a P85DL just threw in P90DL in case someone didn’t get a good offer from Tesla. There have been several P85DL’s sold recently matching my description but due to constraints of me not being in the country currently, I haven’t been able to buy one. That’s an amazing offer Tesla’s given you considering there is a P90DL with 51k miles for $57,300 on their website.
"...several P85DL's sold recently..."

Care to share where you saw these? I've been in the market for nearly half a year and I saw very, very few P85DL's for sale. Several P85D's but very few had Ludicrous on them. Just about every car I've seen with Ludicrous was a P90D. If you're saying you not only saw several but several that matched a specific set of criteria I'd be interested to know where you saw them specifically.

It's rare to find a P85D under $50k with ANY combination of options installed and usually it's got high miles, a sorted history, cosmetic issues or all of the above to achieve that price point. Now, I saw a few at car dealers that all ended up having VERY serious issues that sure cleaned up nice for pictures but those were still all $50k and above. The last Ludicrous car I saw approaching your price point was just over $51k with over 50k miles and was an undesirable color (Titanium Metallic) and sat on the market for months to get down to $51,100. Even now, the cheapest car from Tesla with Ludicrous is $57,600 and has 51k miles. In fact, the lowest priced car that matches your specified criteria is currently $61,200.

I hope you find your car but I think you may not like what you end up with at your list of requirements matched with price point. I too like to find the best deal for the price that matches my needs but I think you need to be flexible on a couple of your parameters in order to not end up with something that may have a checked past.

Good luck with your search.

"...several P85DL's sold recently..."

Care to share where you saw these? I've been in the market for nearly half a year and I saw very, very few P85DL's for sale. Several P85D's but very few had Ludicrous on them. Just about every car I've seen with Ludicrous was a P90D. If you're saying you not only saw several but several that matched a specific set of criteria I'd be interested to know where you saw them specifically.

It's rare to find a P85D under $50k with ANY combination of options installed and usually it's got high miles, a sorted history, cosmetic issues or all of the above to achieve that price point. Now, I saw a few at car dealers that all ended up having VERY serious issues that sure cleaned up nice for pictures but those were still all $50k and above. The last Ludicrous car I saw approaching your price point was just over $51k with over 50k miles and was an undesirable color (Titanium Metallic) and sat on the market for months to get down to $51,100. Even now, the cheapest car from Tesla with Ludicrous is $57,600 and has 51k miles. In fact, the lowest priced car that matches your specified criteria is currently $61,200.

I hope you find your car but I think you may not like what you end up with at your list of requirements matched with price point. I too like to find the best deal for the price that matches my needs but I think you need to be flexible on a couple of your parameters in order to not end up with something that may have a checked past.

Good luck with your search.

I am flexible to an extent but I am ok with waiting for the perfect car

Here are a few:

Model S / 2014 / Silver - 6e6dd | Only Used Tesla

2014 Tesla Model S P85D | eBay
^ Seller is willing to work on price and includes a second set of 21” turbine wheels. Perfect car for me but unable to get it due to being out of the country at the moment

https://www.wickstromautogroup.com/...edium=referral&utm_campaign=cargurus_listings
^ Includes an integrated K40 Radar detector and Laser jammers worth at least 2k without installation. Price is little bit out of my price range but for the extremely low miles and radar it would be fine for me

Just yesterday a P100DL with 40k miles all options, AP2 sold for $64,000 with 4 year/50k warranty from Tesla. I’ll Upload a screenshot later today.

Last edited: